Chapter - 17

The drive to the heliport was short. Today was the day when Lia and Bella were moving back to Forks, just because some vampire was murdering people mercilessly. Lia was not very excited about the idea of moving to Forks and she was not very happy with the idea of moving in with the Cullen’s. And as for Bella, she couldn’t be more excited about it. She wanted Edward to approach Lia and she wanted Lia to accept his love. Edward had indeed approached but, Lia just thrown his love back at his face. Of course, it would hurt him. But he had to know that Lia was not a teenager who needed bouquets of flowers and all the sappy, romantic stuff that the kids did these days. No, Lia was a grown women. She was a lioness, an animal to be tamed, a beast who should be sated. And he was here acting like a fucking pansy, when all he had to do was seduce her.  Lia had always liked the vampires, so that would not be very difficult. And Lia always had a thing for sparkly things, so the odds were in his favor. He just needed to dazzle her, as he did six years back.

The weird sensation of sadness with anger and deep frustration took Edward over to his thoughts. His family had left Seattle a few days ago but, Edward had insisted upon him staying there to ‘protect’ Lia. But he knew that it wasn’t the only reason for staying there. He wanted to see her face, hear her voice, take her in his arms. That was the reason of him staying there. But, he knew that he had to take baby steps, so he wouldn’t scare her off with his overbold behavior. And he was not accepting that Lia had stopped wanting him, loving him. It wasn’t the truth and he knew, that she lied every time she defied him and his need to be with her only grew. She was his drug; he was addicted to her in every possible way. All he wanted to do was drown in her, and make her drown in him till they forget everything, but each other. But baby steps.

Edward wondered where the fabled helicopter might be. Soon, they were in a built-up area of the city. Edward got out of the car at a ‘normal’ speed, which is of course, quite fast for a human, opened the door on Lia’s side and helped her out. In that instance, their hands touched and eyes met. Lia’s heart ached with the love she had for him – a love that she’d have to bury in the depth of her heart. As much as she loved him, she would never act upon her feelings. She quickly retracted her hand away from Edward and took a few steps back, creating a distance between them.

She coughed out and gestured to the double doors. “Ready?” she asked and they nodded. Edward wanted to say something but, couldn’t articulate the words. “Follow me.” Lia nodded curtly as they headed into the building straight to a set of elevators. “It’s only four floors,” she said dryly as she caught Edward looking at her. Her eyes were empty, he noticed. He was not an empathy but he could tell that she was sad. Her face was impassive but the lost look in her eyes, made him want to ask her what was wrong, but he knew that she would push him away.

The doors closed and the weird electrical attraction between them increased, enslaving them. Lia closed her eyes in a vain attempt to ignore it and she sighed in relief, when a few seconds later the doors opened to the roof of the building. There was a white-grey helicopter with the name Culver Enterprises Holdings Inc. written in black with the company logo on the side. They made their way to the helicopter and as they neared it, Edward could see that it had at least eight seats.

Edward, being the gentleman that he was, opened up the door for Lia and Bella to get in. Bella muttered her thank you with a smile and Lia just nodded curtly, showing her gratefulness. Edward got in himself and shut the door with a slam. Bella plopped down on the seat behind Lia’s and gestured him with her eyes to take the seat next to Lia’s. This confrontation was ignored by Lia and she shifted, further to the side when she saw Edward making himself comfortable next to her.

“ Strap yourselves,” said Lia as she strapped herself into the harness. She tightened both upper straps to one central buckle with a concentrating frown upon her face. “Put your cans on,” she said gesturing to a set of headphones. She began checking gauges, flipping switches and buttons from the dial in front of her. Soon, the rotor blades started rotating, creating a deafening sound.