Chapter - 6

"Lia," he breathed out. His voice was silvery, just as she remembered. Though this time, she felt her stomach clench in excitement as she heard his voice.

His voice was like honey with crystals of sugar in it - just the perfect amount of sweetness and roughness. Various memories of them being together came to her mind and she felt her eyes pooling with tears, once again as she thought of what she lost.

Though she quickly blinked the tears back and refused to believe that he was here. But why would he not? They lived in the same house, so Edward must've eavesdropped and heard their conversation either intentionally or unintentionally. That didn't even mattered to her. All she could think about was that he was behind her. 

"Forever?" 

"Forever." 

"So...the lion fell in love with a lamb."

"What a stupid lamb!" 

"What a sick, masochistic lion!"

"I like watching you sleep. It's... fascinating."

"You're my life, Lia." 

"You're not good enough for me."
​​​​​​
"....I, Edward Cullen, promise you, Lia Culver, my troth.."

"I've always loved you and I'll always love you."

​​​​​​She was so engrossed in her memories that she didn't noticed Edward walking around and standing in front of her. A bead of liquid appeared at her hairline and slid down her face. When it hit her cheek, he couldn’t tell if the drop was from the alcohol or from her eyes. His hand moved, the need to touch her more powerful than he thought. Before he knew what he was doing, he wiped away the wetness.

Echo of the waves appeared in the sky, their lights reflected in her eyes. He was back in their world and happy again. The feeling of her compassionate embrace, the power in her touch, serenity of stride. The beating of her heart calmed down his presence, his demons, gracing him with eternal peace of mind. All that mattered to him that she was safe. 

Her eyes met his. He loved her eyes. They were full of language. And Lia, her eyes missed her as much as the rest of her did. His eyes were open wounds beneath his heavy brows, a black as dark as the sky by night. He looked into her eyes and saw his own staring back. There was so much depth in those brown eyes, that he could swim across them if she let him in. 

Edward had a rectangular face with a defined, slightly pointed chin and a sturdy jaw line. His dark eyes were small and spaced evenly apart, sitting below trim eyebrows that seemed to curve as a natural extension of his broad, sharp nose. He tried to keep his mouth closed, but couldn't for some reason unknown to him. And his hair—naturally bronze in color but darkened to a dark brown. He was the perfect height for her to lay down her head, upon his shoulder. But she wouldn't do it. 

"Edward?" 

Edward's head to his right and he looked at Bella, whose eyes were infuriated yet relieved. She was probably blaming him for leaving Lia (as if he ever gave up on her). She was blaming him for saying those words to Lia. He deserved the hatred from her. He deserved all of that. 

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" Her voice was low and calmed - the calmness we feel before a storm. She spoke each word clearly, which meant that Edward was in danger. Lia's throat clenched in fear as she heard her sister's deadly voice. Bella's short form was menacing and towered above Edward's shoulder. She looked like an angry kitten. Lia internally laughed at the thought of Bella being a kitten.