Chapter - 27

Edward thought that Lia was his cocaine. He was  addicted to her in every way possible and living an eternity without her, didn’t seemed appealing to him. She was his personal drug – with her gentle eyes and beautiful soul. She was the shy creature who he fell in love with and deeply so. His heart silently loved her then too, without telling him or asking him if it should love her.  No, it just started falling for her.

“I want to show you how much I love you,” he whispered. “Without taking you to bed.”

“You’ve shown how much you love me already, Edward,” said Lia as she bent down to pick the robe up to cover herself. But, Edward took the robe from her hands gently as he brushed her hair aside from her neck. He gently pecked her neck and looked deeply into her eyes.

“I have something to give to you,” he said and in a whoosh disappeared into the closet. He returned a moment later with something grey in his hands. He held it up so she could read the lettering on the front.

“This was mine. I’d like you to have it.” He tugged her robe until it dropped to the floor.

“Harvard? How did you get this?” asked Lia as she read ‘HARVARD’ emblazoned on it in bold.

Edward smiled as he took in Lia’s awed face. Her eyes were glazed over as she gaped at the sweatshirt with her mouth open. Edward frowned when she didn’t looked at him and kept staring at the sweatshirt. He never got that reaction from her. He was jealous of a sweatshirt. So mature. “You never looked at me like that,” he accused playfully as his eyes narrowed to tiny slits. “And to answer your question, I have a degree in business studies too.” 

Lia’s eyes met his; she was surprised by his revelation. “I only looked at you when you weren’t looking.”

And I saw you when you weren't looking, he thought about the times he would sneak up on her or just watch her sitting in the class. Edward sighed as he placed a kiss on the knuckles of her hands. "Wear this now."

Edward had seen many beautiful things in his entirety of one hundred and fourteen years, but nothing compared the beauty that he saw in Lia. She surpassed them all – because she was the only thing he had ever saw, since he laid his eyes upon her.

He took her arms and slowly, dragged his own hands along her arms, and lifted them up. He slowly pulled the hooded Harvard sweatshirt over her head. He adjusted the sweatshirt over her waist and took a step back to admire her. “Gorgeous,” he muttered. She looked like a nearly naked girl who had just rolled out of the bed with her boyfriend.

Lia blushed under his scrutiny and diverted her gaze elsewhere. “Thank you. Are you sure you want to part with your sweatshirt?”

“Of course,” he eyes her up and down suggestively. “And, you look better in my clothes by the way.”
Lia caught sight of her blue jeans in his hands and raised an eyebrow at him in question. “Oh. It’s for you.”

He dropped onto his knees as he wrapped an arm around her middle. He placed a kiss on the exposed part of her stomach before caressing her calves. Light fingertips roamed over legs and Lia put a hand on his shoulder so she wouldn’t fall. Hooking an arm around the back of her knee, he gently lifted one leg up, leaving it hovering over her ground.

He slipped the jeans onto her legs carefully, not wanting to be too rash with her. Lia on the other side was trying to control her heavy breathing. She was admiring the way he touched her, the way his slightest touch sent her into a frenzy or made her a moaning mess.

Edward tapped her another ankle, indicating that the seduction on one foot was done, and now was the turn of another one. Lia lifted her other another leg and he covered them up too, but not before kissing the side of her knee. Slowly he rose, dragging the waistband of her jeans upwards with him and then looped the button through the hole and zipped up the jeans.

“So…what do you want to do?” asked Lia in a breathy voice as she tugged at her sleeves. This vampire made her feel things that made her feel either warm and fuzzy or hot and desperate. The influence he had over her body was extraordinary. She never thought that she was weak – he was just too powerful. He definitely held that power over her. She needed to get a grip on herself before she lost it completely.