Chapter - 11

Lia was conscious, though her eyes didn't opened. She didn't want to open them. Opening them would be admitting that the happiness of yesterday, which seemed so terrible she wasn't sure it's her they happened to. Opening her eyes would be admitting that was real.

The gleam of light shone in through the gaps of the curtains. Lia groaned as she felt the sunlight on her face. It felt like she had fallen asleep only minutes ago. She just laid there, trying to adjust for what's dream and what's reality, the white sheets were soft and warm under her hand. She closed her eyes, contemplating whether to force herself up or sleep for some more time. Her levels of consciousness slowly increased. But she decided to sleep some more.

She frowned when she felt something cold poking her cheek. She growled and turned away, burying herself further into the blankets. She sighed as she nuzzled the warm cloth and curled herself into a ball. Lia was twisted in her sheets. The duvet was pulled up around her chin and her hand slipped to the surface. Her hand sat carefully on the top of the cotton cover. She moaned as she found a comfortable position but frowned when the cold thing poked her cheek. Again. She grumbled and slowly opened her and blinked the disorientation out of her eyes. Her eyes narrowed as the sharp sunlight entered her eyes and she, rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. Still yawning, she mumbled to herself but screamed when something wet was thrown on her face. Water!

She opened her eyes and her lips were pulled back, as she snarled at Bella. She threw her blankets away, all the remnants of sleep were now gone. All that was left was a fuming Lia. “What was that for, huh?”

Bella laughed in fear as one of her hands still held the empty glass. But, her laughter died down as she looked at Lia through the rim of the glass. Her eyes darted to the side as she smiled at something on the side of her. She smiled looking to the side as she raised the glass. “Told you, it still works.”

Lia looked stupidly at Bella and turned her head to the side slowly, the sleep was still in her eyes. Bella was weird. And Lia was not a morning person. Also, sometimes Bella’s ways of teasing Lia were very annoying and as much as Lia loved Bella, all Lia could think at that moment was strangling her sister’s throat. Why? Why did Bella had to wake her up like that? No one deserves waking up looking like a hairless, wet dog. Dogs always look cute – hairy or not, but she was a human! A god damned human who deserved five more minutes of sleep! Bella would face her wrath. But, her evil and extremely violent thoughts were stopped and a scream tore through her chest as she saw three figures standing beside her. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes were as wide as a ball. 

“Good morning, Lia. Here,” Esme handed Lia a cup of what seemed like tea. “It has chamomile in it. It’ll calm your nerves.”

Lia took the cup of tea from Esme’s hands and placed it on the bedside table. She walked towards Esme and pulled her in for a long hug. Esme chuckled as she wrapped her cold arms around Lia’s petite figure.

“We missed you, Lia,” whispered Esme as she pulled back from Lia to take a long look at her. She examined her with her motherly gaze and smiled because Lia looked much more beautiful now but her eyes lacked the warmth, that made people feel drawn to her. “You look beautiful,” gushed Esme.

“Yeah,” agreed a voice from behind. “Except the few grey hair,” said Rosalie jokingly.

“Oh hush up!” exclaimed Lia and hugged Rosalie. Rosalie instantly returned the embrace as she felt the familiar warmth from Lia. She never opened up to humans but, Lia was an exception. She had grown close to werewolves like Bella, Jacob and Leah, but never had she grown close to humans.

“Lia!” a was so sweet and obviously, it belonged to Alice squealed. “Well...guess what? Bella invited us to come over to the charity event tonight. You’re coming right?” Alice said all this in one breath and never gave Lia the chance to answer. “You’re coming anyways and I saw this happening, so I have brought the dresses.” Another squeal. “Oi, Lia, have you seen this?” giggled Alice as she chucked an open magazine at Lia.