Chapter - 25

Lia turned on the shower, testing the temperature of the water until she was satisfied. She adjusted the flow until it was gently falling from the tropical rain shower head. She got an amazing sleep that night, because of a certain vampire that was watching over her and protected her from herself. She felt safe in his arms and the nightmares never came. Though, the one thing that confused her was the woman who was watching Edward and her in the dream. But it was just a dream, there was no need of wasting time by pondering upon something that might never happen. 

Stepping back, she poured some of her vanilla-scented shampoo in to her palm. Her fingers worked the liquid into her scalp, massaging the liquid slowly. The warm water droplets hit her skin and soothed her tense muscles. She sighed. 

As she began to relax, she thought back to one of the happy memories she had of Renée, her mother. She was a little girl when and Renée used to wash her hair in the bathtub. Bella used to comb Lia’s hair and when their mother washed their hair, they always had a water fight. She remembered the three of them merrily as they splashed water at each other. She remembered Renée smiling.

The party had ended Edward looked happy by the end of the night. Yeah, a few silent words were exchanged between the Edward and Crescenzio and every time Crescenzio smirked at her, Edward growled dangerously. This time Lia understood why Edward would become so jealous and possessive. She knew that vampires acted this way towards their significant others. Edward was ready to rip off Crescenzio’s throat at that moment. The Italian vampire was known for a charm that no women could resist – his tricks of seduction made women scream for him. He thought how good Lia would be on bed and how it would feel to pound into her. That’s all it took for Edward to lose control. The inappropriate thoughts that Crescenzio was having of Lia; Edward simply wanted to rip him to shreds and burn him to ashes. but Lia held him back, not wanting two super powerful men to fight over such a trivial thing. 

Edward told her to clean up a bit before sleeping, as the smell of alcohol was way too nauseating for her to smell and sleep in. She was feeling sleepy by the end of the party and could barely walk in those high, killing ‘fuck me’ heels. Her heels were a turn on for him and her underwear, that was then residing in his pocket constantly reminded him of her moans and breathless gasps. That woman was going to be the death of him! 

 When Lia stumbled upon her feet, tripped and almost fell down because of tiredness, Edward put her arms around his neck, bowed down and placed one of his arms around the back of her knees and lifted her up, into his arms bridal-style. Her smell conquered his senses and her warmth reigned on his skin. At that moment, she was his queen. No one else’s.

Gently, when she had brushed her teeth and washed her face, he had tucked her to the bed and cuddled with her all night.

A phone ring was heard from the room and she groaned. Turning the knob of the shower, forbidding any water from flowing, she stepped out and wrapped a towel around herself, dried herself and wore a bathrobe. Fuck my life, this was her thought. She took out her phone from the nightstand and called back the person. She punched the call back a half-dozen times before it finally put the call through.

The person answered on the first ring. “Lia.”

Startled by the somewhat familiar voice, her mind scrambled for a moment. How did he got my number? “Uh….hi, Nathaniel.”

“Lia, call me Nathan, please. And I’m a file away from the last file that I was given. I’m a block away from the office. Let the front desk know I’m coming.”

“What?” She felt like she had missed a part of their conversation. “Coming where?”

“Into the office, Lia. Now call the front desk, will ya?”