Chapter - 3

Lyra wasn't stopping for anything and she sure as hell wasn't taking her foot of the gas for a little rain. Lyra's eyes stayed glued to the GPS display tracking the position while the world passed in a blur of red and white lights. The hiss of the tyres over the smooth tarmac was lost under the pounding bass of her preferred get-away music. In that instant she lost the opportunity to evade the presence of a woman with red hair and crimson eyes. The evil smirk plastered on the face of the redhead scared Lyra. 

Lyra gasped in shock as the redhead, miraculously was in front of her car in less than two seconds, grabbed the car in one hand and threw it aside. Even if she'd been paying attention she would have been hard pressed to make the manoeuvre. As it was she barely had time to scream before the air bags knocked her back and sideways. The car tumbled over and over into a tree before coming to an absolute stop. Silence, it scared Lyra more than the pain. She tried to move but she was pinned by the collapsing roof and the steering column. Her neck was too fragile to move.

The car had flipped so many times that Lyra had become disorientated before she even sustained the concussion that had her drifting in and out of consciousness. She was fleetingly aware of the bloody taste in her mouth but she couldn't figure out what it was. At times her eyelids fluttered and she thought she must be at home in bed because it was so dark. 

The last thing she saw was the redhead crouching in front of her with ease and taking her wrist in her mouth....

Bella got inside her Aston Martin. She had the option of taking any other car to the party, but last minute, she changed her mind. Probably because there was no need of taking two cars, because only she & Lia were going to the party and there was no need to waste fuel when the mileage of the said car was good.

Now that they were going to drive back to their home, Bella couldn't help but think about the scent that was constantly near Lia. A vampire was trying to get close to Lia, and was successful in doing so, but the thing that confused her was that, whoever the asshole was, never tried to harm Lia. Maybe, the vampires had a thing for watching out for Lia or stalking her? Ha! God knows, maybe they are one of the Denali's but, why would they care? She frustratingly tugged on her hair as she thought of the possibilities.

She saw as Lia came out, bouncing happily with her friends. Bella smiled fondly at her sister. It's true that she'd grown up but she'll always be little Lia for her. The Lia who always needed some help and the Lia who she watched out for. But her smile faded when she saw a rather handsome looking man, kissing Lia on the cheek and murmuring something teasingly, in her ear as he caressed her bare arms. He bit her ear shell lightly and then pressed kisses on her neck and Lia whispered....things in his ear to which he kissed her. Full on mouth. She could only imagine the dirty things that they were saying to each other. Seemingly, the kiss was overeager, sloppy and wet. Not the chaste kiss like Edward or Aaron gave her. Bella wasn't able to hide a grimace as he groped Lia, openly in public. It was a good that people weren't allowed to take pictures in the business park without any permit or they would've been busted.

Lia clearly didn't looked comfortable by the forwardness he was showing. Bella could tell by looking at the way Lia frowned when the man pulled her towards him and Lia tried to pry free of his arms. Bella was just think about kicking him in the balls but stopped when Lia gave him a wave as she skipped towards the car. She got in the passenger's side of the car and groaned. 

"Was that little display enough for today, Lia? Or you want to shag him senseless?" Bella asked sharply as she turned on the ignition. She put on the seatbelt, shifted the gear and started the car. 

"I'm not in the mood, Bella. Something isn't right," said Lia, frowning slightly. At times, she got this feeling in the pit of her stomach, that told her something wasn't right. And today was one of the days. She couldn't tell if she was being paranoid or really stupid, but the feeling wasn't a pleasant one.