Chapter 6: Hak VS Ash

It was late at night; everyone was asleep. Except for me of course. I was just not tired. It has been so long since I talked to Kinryuu and I felt refreshed. Well being immortal, I can't possibly feel tired.

I decided to walk around the forest on the look out. After a bit of walking, I overheard a conversation.

"What should I do?..."

"You should order me if you earnestly order me to do it... I can't refuse."

I decided to take a peek, turns out it was Hak and Yona.

"Hak, teach me the sword. It's order." Yona said. She looked different; there was a solid look in her eyes, the same eyes of that man...

"As you command," Hak replied. I muffled a laugh and came out of hiding.

"Ash!" Yona gasped in shock.

"Yo Yona and Hak," I said between breaths. It was hilarious watching them. They were acting so serious it was hilarious.

"Why are you laughing, for some reason it is pissing me off," Hak said and grabbed my head.

"Nothing Uncle Hak~" I replied and stopped laughing, but smiled in an amused manner.

"This is why I don't like you," Hak scoffed and let me go.

"Red-hime, I can help you with training," I said.

"Really?" Yona asked.

"Yup!" I replied with an honest smile.

"Oi, she asked me to train her," Hak said, annoyed.

"She did? Wait. Uncle, you can fight?" Ash asked innocently, and Hak swung his blade at me. I jumped up and dodged. "You missed, Uncle."

"Shut up," Hak said annoyed.

"How about this? We compete and see who will be Red-hime's trainer?" I asked.

"Compete? How?" Hak asked.

"Simple. You Vs me, and we see who wins this match," I replied. "Let's see... The first to make contact with the other with their weapon wins!"

"All right then," Hak replied and went into a fighting stance. I went into mine and smiled in confidence. "Please do a countdown for us to start," I told her.

"O-Ok. Umm.. 3... 2... 1... Go!" Red-hime said.

"Here I go!" I exclaimed and jumped into the air into the trees.

"Oi! Get down here!" Hak shouted.

"No thank you~" I hummed. Then, I started to travel with light footsteps on the trees and shooting tons of daggers at Hak, but sadly he dodged them all as expected.

"You had more of those? Where do you carry these anyway?" Hak asked.

"On my body of course. I have tons of secrets!" I exclaimed, getting caught up in the fighting. This always happens when I am in a fight. I start enjoying myself and lose control with myself. This was normal for me, sometimes leading to bad endings... But! We shall not talk about that for now.

"Oh dear, I am out of daggers," I gasped in shock as I checked my secret pockets.

"Finally!" Hak panted. I grinned and jumped down, wielding a sword, slashing at Hak, however, he reacted and blocked with his weapon.

"Where did that sword come from?" Hak asked in shock. I slashed at him with everything I had, only to be blocked at every slash. I move quickly when I am with a sword, but this was the first time anyone managed to catch up with me.

"Your sword style, it is similar to the one taught to guards in the castle but more advanced and complicated," Hak noticed.

"Hmm? You noticed? Good job," I replied while looking for every opening he might have, but my efforts were in vain. "You aren't that bad as I thought."

"What can I say? I am the thunder beast after all," Hak replied.

"Even a beast is tamable," I laughed. "You are no different. How about we start getting serious?" I stepped back and tossed my sword onto the ground. I removed one layer of my clothing and revealed a light golden outfit with two katanas. A gift I got while my time travel, hehe.

"You had something like that hidden under your sleeves?" Hak asked. He sounded rather shocked.

"I have more, but I happen to have to this on me now," I replied.

"How do you move around so quickly with all these weapons you are carrying?" Hak asked.

"Training. A lot of training. It's part of traveling," I replied smoothly. Then, I charged at him with my two katanas. When I slashed at one place and he dodged it. He thought he was lucky, but then I immediately hit an open spot with the non-sharp end of my other katana. Therefore, there's contact, and that means...

"I win!" I exclaimed happily.

"C-Congrats Ash," Red-hime said.

"Thank you Red-hime. I guess this means I will be training you from today onwards!" I replied, then turning to face Hak. He was in a corner sulking. "Hey Old Uncle Hak. Good job. This is the first time anyone got this far with fighting with me. I knew you would be great!"

"You mean there's an even further end to your fighting?" Hak asked.

"Of course, I have only shown you less than half of my tricks!" I said as I picked up my outerwear, sword, and daggers.

"You sure you aren't secretly a monster?" Hak asked.

"Don't be so mean Hak. I am human," I replied with a pout.

"Yeah right... I believe you..." Hak said.

"It's true!" I sighed. I was done packing up. "Well, I am heading back to camp. That fight made me tired so I will be going back to sleep."

"Good night Ash," Yona said with a smile. I smiled back and left. After walking for a while, I stopped and ensured I had ventured far enough from Yona and Hak and said, "Zeno, I know you are there." There was a bit of a ruffle in the trees, then popped down was Zeno.

"Zeno is sorry for stalking you. Zeno just wanted to make sure you were fine," Zeno said.

"Zeno, you don't have to talk like this when we are alone, you know? After all, I know who you are," I said. "I remembered after all these years after finally seeing the golden dragon again."

"Eh? Is that so?" Zeno asked.

"The Original Ouryuu. Zeno," I said it. "My good friend."

"We were until you betrayed us," Zeno said sternly.

"I already said I am innocent! I never did such a thing!" I protested.

"You don't remember everything yet, Ashurin so doesn't say you have," Zeno replied and walked away.

What else have I forgotten?

I sighed and looked up to the sky.

Please tell me... King Hiryuu...

A/N: I have decided to write during my break times during my study and managed to type a whole chapter.