Chapter 11: Dancing Fires

"I know this is sudden but, I will announce our next destination. I want to go to the Kai empire for a little while."

"Why are we going to the enemy empire?" I asked. "You're usually very cautious."

"I am cautious, but there is something in the Kai Empire that has piqued my interest. This isn't just a passing interest," he replied. "It's the land north of the Fire Tribe, so it is colder. I'm curious as to how the citizens in the Kai Empire are surviving. Just maybe, there might be a plant that can be cultivated even in the land of fire."

"Isn't it dangerous for the princess, though?" Kija asked.

"Yeah, that's why I was hesitating. We already stand out as is. That's why Yona and the Thunder beast can wait at Ik-soo's place. Now if only Jae-ha and either Shin-ah or Kija came..."

"Wait what about me?" I asked.

"You are beyond my control," Yun replied.

"Aw, thank you!" I stated.

"It's not a compliment!"

"You're going for the sake of Kouka right? I'm going if you've already decided Yun," Yona said.

"That's what I thought you'd say..." Yun sighed. "Well then, let's go. To Kai Empire."

+++

"It's visible! The Kai Empire!" I exclaimed.

"There's a small village."

"Yona... Someone has collapsed." Shin-ah said

"What?! That's horrible!" We quickly rushed over to help. Hak held her up and shook her a bit. "Hey. Hey you. Are you okay?"

The girl's eyes opened slowly. "Eh! Who are you? You're so nice!" She seemed fine.

"Is she okay?"

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"Eat a loquat missy."

"Young lady, let me pick you up and carry you."

I sighed mentally, but played along with them.

"Oh me, this group is full of lookers! But it's weird! I know! You're traveling entertainers, right?!" The girl asked.

"Yes, that's right! We're that! Traveling entertainers." Yun replied. "I have some medicine if you are not feeling well."

"I'm fine. It's just that I've been doing heavy labour since this morning so I got a little dizzy..." She replied.

"Heavy labour? A frail looking girl like you is doing that?" Jae-ha asked.

"Almost all the young men went to Sen's capital to enter the military But, it's not often travelers this good looking come here! My village won't throw this away! Say, entertainers, why not come to my village? Today is a special day," she asked.

"Special day? What's the occasion?" I asked.

"We are holding the fire festival tonight."

The fire festival?

+++

When we entered the village. All the ladies rushed over to the boys. They even surrounded Zeno, I could not help but feel a little jealous. They even called him cute and he replied that they are the cute ones. I could not help but glare at them behind Yona.

"What's wrong Ash?" Yona asked.

"U-Uh... Nothing..." She doesn't know. No one knows. No one understands. I have to bear the burden, alone.