Chapter 18: Lynlet's Voice

"We should do something to help," Yona said. "Anyone have any ideas?"

"That drug is an evil spirit possessing people with weak hearts. That evil spirit unleashes the jealousy and resentment they hold by nature and they become brutal," Lynlet said. "It seems Nadai is especially made to show their brutality."

"I have an idea! Listen Yona," I said. "You will be our bait."

"That's crazy! There's no way we put hime in danger!" Kija protested.

"Shut up for a moment and listen. Yona, you will become a 'happy dancer'. You will play a happy person who brightens up the dark night within the town. The jealousy and brutality of the weak people possess by the Nadai will be forced out. The people using Nadai will seek out their providers," I continued.

"Where will she be dancing?" Yun asked.

"Where most Nadai addicts would gather, a night bar. Generally, there will be people seeped in darkness lurking anywhere," I said. "If you do well... You might get valuable information about Nadai from the people  who became brutal otherwise from the surrounding people."

"That's a good idea," Yona replied. "Let's do it." 

"I will go negotiate with one of the night bars for permission," Yun said and left.

"Thank you Yun," Yona replied

"Let's get Yona some dancing attire," I suggested.

"Or I could make you some," Lynlet suggested. "It saves money."

"Lynlet, you know how to sew?" Yona asked.

"Yup, I enjoy handicraft," Lynlet replied.

"Then we will leave it to your hands," Yona said with a smile.

"What kind of outfit will you be making?" I asked.

"Probably something simple since we are probably going to need it tonight," Lynlet replied. She took off her bag and looked through. She found a long piece of fabric inside. It was thin and light. "Is this okay?"

"Yup," Yona replied. "It will make dancing a lot easier."

"Let's hope you do not look like a chicken," Hak commented which made Yona ticked with an irked mark on her forehead.

Then I felt that strange feeling again. I glanced around and saw the girl with blue hair. She was with two other girls today. 

"Hey Yona..." I patted on her shoulder and pointed at the strange group of girls, but they started to run away afterward. "Yona... Should I chase after them?"

"It's all right Ash," she replied. 

"Yona, I've negotiated with a store where people seem to assemble at night," Yun called out as he returned.

"Thank you," Yona said. "Even if we investigate like this, we won't make much progress."

"But it really is dangerous, right Jae-ha?" Yun asked.

"I can't say anything to her now, but," Jae-ha faced Yona. "If I decide your life is in danger, I'll take you and run away no matter what you tell me."

"I'll be careful," Yona replied.

+++

"This is beautiful, thank you Lynlet," Yona complimented. She was wearing the outfit Lynlet made and yesh was it beautiful.

I want to try it on too...

"I am glad you liked it," Lynlet replied

"I am glad you liked it," Lynlet replied. "Sorry we ended up spending a bit more than I expected."

"It's completely fine, we got ton of money from Yun's store the other day," Yona replied.

"Wells, it's time for you to go to your stage and shine!" I exclaimed and pushed her up. "Good luck!"

"Thank you Ash," Yona said and went up the stage. Lynlet and I went out to get some drinks to thirst our quench as we watched Yona dance gracefully. 

Even by watching her, I felt so at peace in my heart. She was dancing wonderfully. I clapped along to the song and her steps with a bright smile plastered on my face.

Then I heard a scream. "L-Let go! Who do you think I am? I said stop!" 

I swiftly turned my head to the source and laid my eyes upon the same girl from earlier. She was having trouble with a drunkard. I quickly made my way to help, then I saw Yona kick the man's head.

"You over there. Are you all right?" Yona asked. "Can you stand?" Yona carried her up. "Let's get you treated." But behind her was the drunkard getting up.

"He got up... That man didn't you beat him?" The girl asked.

"Like I thought, it didn't affect him much..." Yona replied.

"You came flying out even through you're weak?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, since you had blood coming out of your nose," Yona replied. The girl immediately panicked and covered her nose. "Wha... I'm not bleeding from my nose!"

"You can't rub it!"

I sighed in relief knowing they are fine, but I relaxed too soon. Two man grabbed Yona from behind and demanded her to continue dancing. Then ramage started to break in the club, those Nadai addicts started to show withdrawal symptoms and showing brutality to other customers. The girl backed away in shock and fear.

"Run!" Yona broke her thoughts and she started to react, but there was someone following her from behind. I was about to throw my daggers at him, but Zeno dropped on him.

"Run away, miss..." He said, trying his best to hold down the man, but he got thrown off the man's shoulders. "Mister! If you wanna punch something, come over here!"

I focused my attention to getting to Yona as quickly as possible then kicking the man away with all my strength. "Let go of Yona." I glared at them menacingly.

"Ash, calm down," Yona said. "These people are..."

"Yona," Shin-ah said. He was holding up his sword.  "Can I cut him?" 

"Shin-ah, don't!" Yona shouted. "Because of the drug, these people are..." Then someone else grabbed her, but Hak saved her.

"How can you say that after you did a flying kick to one of your customers?" Hak asked.

"Really," Jae-ha sighed. "What kind of teaching do you get as a princess?"

"I tried to imitate you, Jae-ha," Yona replied.

"So you're the bad example," Hak commented.

"I see, that's why it was such a beautiful kick," Jae-ha said.

"Thunder beast, Jae-ha! STop the people that are going berzerk in the store!" Yun shouted.

"It seems like a fire has started form the commotion just now," I commented. "They are all going through withdrawal."

Then Lynlet casually strolled up to us, she did not seem hurt by any of the addicts. Thank goodness.

"Hey, didn't you say you could fight?" Hak asked.

"Those not addicted, cover your ears!" Lynlet shouted.

"Huh?" Jae-ha asked. "Why?" I had already covered my ears, ready for Lynlet.

"Just do it if you want to live! It will only be for a moment!" Lynlet said and almost everyone covered their ears. She took a deep breath and screamed. In that instant, those without their ears covered collapsed onto the ground and she shut her mouth. She gave us a thumbs up.

"Wh-What did you do?" Yun asked. 

"I did not kill them, I simply made them all unconscious, this should made it easier to take care of them and tie them up right?" Lynlet replied.

"Y-Yeah, thanks," Yun said.

Yona and I walked over to the girl who was crying in the corner.

"Are you all right?" Yona asked and bent down.

"Just relax. Take deep breaths. The commotion has died down. All of the people that have gone berzerk aren't here anymore," I said, but she couldn't calm down so Yona hugged her. I joined in the hug.

Thank goodness.