Chapter 10: I refuse to hand over my child!

"We are leaving?" I asked Yona.

"Yup, with his help, I am sure the villagers would do fine now," Yona replied.

"That's good, but where will we be going?"

+++

"Aren't you hurting her?! You couldn't be..." Kija asked as we ate after Yona came back from training with Hak.

"Yona! You should have gotten me to train with you!" I whined as I ate.

"Ash! Do not eat and talk!" Yun scolded me.

"Yes Mum..." I sighed.

"It looks like the miss was sent flying and kicked around without being able to stop Mister's sword," Zeno commented.

"Ki-"

"I won't kick her," Hak replied.

"He could, though. This is training for me to become stronger. There's no point if he doesn't do it seriously," Yona said.

"Seriously?! You're fighting the princess with all your strength?!" Kija asked in shock and fear.

"Kija. If Hak was being serious with her, Yona would die instantly," Jae-ha replied.

"Die instantly..." Kija looked faint.

"You seem to be training more often nowadays. What's the matter?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking of building up my strength until Yun decided where to go," Yona replied.

"Sorry, I am deciding on that right now," Yun replied. "I was just about to go survey the land around here on Jae-ha."

"Am I a horse?"

"-We'll carry on with the objective, but... It's a little complicated. We can't leave right away."

"Well then, Instructor Hak. I'll be in your care tomorrow too," Yona said.

"Understood."

"But! What about me Yona?!" I cried. "I wanna be your coach!"

"Sorry Ash, but I am used to Hak's teaching more," she replied. I pouted and asked for seconds from mum.

"Hak, if anything happens to the Princess..." Kija said, then his mouth got stuffed with a Loquat.

"Shut up, White snake."

"Come now, Kija. Don't judge him nor his state of mind. For the training, he has to point a blade at his beloved dear Yona-" Jae-ha said, but was cut off by Hak's spear swinging at him.

"You sure chat a lot. Should I tear you up?" Hak asked with a scary face.

"Hm? Did I say something wrong?" Jae-ha asked.

"What's going on? A fight?" Yona asked.

"Don't worry, Princess. For now, go swing your sword over there 100 times," Hak commanded.

"What? Now?  Didn't you say I was done?" Yona asked, but when over to swing her sword.

"You're so sluggish. You should tell her quickly," Jae-ha told Hak.

"Don't tell me to say it Pervy droopy eyes," Hak said.

"You acknowledge she's your beloved."

"Can't you stop making fun of those younger than you, big brother?"

"Be honest with yourself!"

"Don't talk about things like being honest with myself! She's got a few different things going on, too."

"If you take your sweet time... Big brother will take her away."

"No, you shall not! I refuse to hand over my child! Especially to you!" I shouted, butting in on their conversation.

"Since when did you become her mother?" Hak asked.

"Oh right, so if I am Yona's mum, that makes Yun the grandmother!" I announced.

"Please don't make the youngest in the group the oldest in the family tree..." Yun replied in a disgusted tone.

"All right mum~" I replied. "But! I still refuse to hand over my child to the likes of you! You ain't worthy of my precious child!"

"How should big brother show that he is worthy?" Jae-ha asked.

"Hmm... How about a match?" I asked, licking my lips of the food.

"Very well." He got up and we both went to a more secured location where we would not cause much disruptions or noise.

"I am not holding back even if you a girl, Ash~" Jae-ha said and jumped into the sky with his dragon leg. I grinned and leaped almost as high as him, using firepower to boost me up. Then, I grabbed my hidden daggers out of my vest and threw them at him. I was pretty close to grazing him.

"Not bad~" Jae-ha complimented and tried to kick me in mid-air. I dodged it by using my fire wings to go higher and fly. Then, I spawned small fireballs and threw them at him. He grabbed his daggers and shot at the balls to make them explode before reaching him. Then, he started to fall, I decided to deactivate my wings and fell along with him.

We landed onto the ground and fought hand to hand combat with a bit of kicking. He was pretty quick, but my eyesight ain't deteriorating yet, so I can see them clearly. Fast, but not fast enough.

Jae-ha was rather good, for a human that is. If he used the full potential of the powers as the green dragon he would be so much more powerful, but I guess for now it is okay. We are fighting humans after all. They are already much in a much bigger disadvantage with Zeno and me here. The analysis is now complete for Jae-ha. All that's left is Kija and Shin-ah.

Time to end it. I intentionally lowered my guard and he kicked me hard, causing me to fall back. "Ah~ Looks like I lost," I smiled and rubbed the spot he kicked gingerly. It hurt quite a bit, but it was nothing compared to the other injuries I have gotten.

"You are pretty tough, I will admit that," Jae-ha commented.

"Thanks, well I gotta get going," I smiled and walked away, deeper into the woods. It has been a while since I used my magic, it has taken a bit of a toll on my body. I have to get used to it again, just like I did centuries ago. Then I sat down on a rock and laid down, resting. Then, I started to sing, I've always loved too.

"As usual, your voice is beautiful, ojou-san," I heard Zeno's voice and footsteps get louder.

"Eh? Thank you Zeno," I replied. "What are you doing out here?"

"I was following you," he replied. "So, how did you find Jae-ha?"

"He was pretty okay, he won't die at least," I replied. "But, even if they die. They are born again. Even if dragons die, they will be replaced."

"Miss shouldn't say that. No matter how many times they are replaced. It's not the same," Zeno scolded me. "Hiryuu, Abi, Guen and Shuten will never come back."

"Tch, I know that..." I muttered.

They are friends that will never be replaced.