Chapter 26: Where is Ash?

Ash was missing. There was no note, no goodbyes. She left without anyone noticing. All her stuff was gone too. Yona and the others spent some time looking for her, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Where could she have gone? We don't have the time to be looking for her." Kija sighed.

"Sorry guys, I have no idea where she went either, though... This isn't the first time she ran off without a word," Lynlet sighed.

"What do you mean Lynlet?" Yona asked.

"She ran away from the Hiryuu Castle without telling anyone before, but that time she had the reason to do so," Lynlet replied. "We all tried looking for her, but there was no way to find her. The world was too big... She could have been anywhere."

"What was the reason she ran away?" Hak asked.

"Is it all right if I tell you, I wonder... Oh wells, Ash would probably reveal it eventually. She is accused of murdering Hiryuu," Lynlet revealed, shocking them.

"No way, did she really?" Yona asked.

"Who knows? The only one that would know is probably Kinryuu. Ash claims she doesn't remember, but she got afraid of all her friends accusing her so she ran away," Lynlet replied. "This time, I suppose she got afraid that you guys will turn against her, especially after she almost killed Soo-won. She was afraid of accidentally killing you guys."

"Killing us? But that's outrageous. There's no way she will be able to kill us," Kija replied.

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. Unlike you guys, she is immortal. On top of that, she killed off an entire army of soldiers all by herself. She has the experience, ability, and skill if controlled by the wrong people, she could be a killing machine. It's a good thing she is in control of the body most of the time, without it, the whole world would end. I once heard that the Kinryuu hated humans. With Hiryuu dead, she had no reason to kill humans. She would have single-handed, destroyed all of humanity. Killing you guys would have been a piece of cake," Lynlet replied.

"We have to save her," Yona said firmly. "I won't let something like that happen.Is there anyway to remove Kinryuu from her body."

"Why?" Lynlet replied. "Removing Kinryuu would mean killing Ash. That being in her is the only reason why she is alive after all."

"Then what about you?" Hak asked.

"I am immortal because I am the being that protects Seiryuu and the future generations of Seiryuu, but Ash is alive because of the dragon in her," Lynlet replied. "In any case, it's best if we stop the search for her. There is no way we can find her unless she shows herself to us. That's just the way it is. I didn't see her once ever since she ran away from the castle."

"So we should just continue moving without her? Will she even be able to find us?" Yun asked.

"Probably, I believe in the power of coincidences," Lynlet replied. "And you shouldn't underestimate Ash so much. How else did you think she have been able to escape from us? I'm not sure about it, but she has heightened senses, I suppose. Probably the effect of having a dragon in her."

"So she can sense us?" Kija asked.

"Yup, especially dragon warriors since you guys have the blood of the Kinryuu's comrades," Lynlet replied. "That's why I am saying. We should head on without her. Anyway, she knows where we are headed."

"Very well then, we will head off without her."

+++

ASH POV