Chapter 12: It's Brewing

There were soldiers on horses stampeding from Kouka. I glared them, trying to figure out where they were from. They did not appear to be from the Fire Tribe.

"Ash, Li Hazara from the Sen's capital was coming from Kouka," Yona said as she walked over. "Something's up. We are going back to Kouka."

"Roger captain!" I saluted with a smile. "I'll go get packing."

"Thank you Ash, I will go gather the rest," Yona replied and left to find Hak and Kija.

Hm... A war is brewing... Is the peace built up by King Hiryuu going get broken apart? I doubt it.

I smiled silently as I packed the tent.

+++

"Hey! Hands off! Get away!" I shouted at one of the men who cornered Zeno and Yun.

"Go away little girl or entertain us," they smirked.

I rolled my eyes and kicked them aside. "I said, hands off and get away," I growled at them and they walked away annoyed.

"Welcome back Yun," Yona welcomed. "How was it?"

"The only thing I found out was that even with our faces covered we still stand out..." Yun sighed and passed Yona a  snack. "But I never thought we'd come to Capitol Saika... Not to mention a back alley with scary people going in and out."

We were currently at the center of the Fire Tribe. I did not think we come back here, but I guess it was to be expected. We were living in the back alley temporary.

"It's easier to hide in places like these. There are also a few information brokers as well. You can quickly find what you need to know," Hak said.

"You know a lot, Thunder Beast," Yun commented. "Do you come to places like this often?"

"When I was at Kuuto, there was a guy that often went to back alleys," Hak replied.

"How are the Saika troops doing?" Yona asked.

"It seems like nothing has changed," Yun replied. "Yona, this area seems too dangerous. It would be best if we left as soon as possible."

"Yeah... You're right, but there's something bothering me... The soldiers we saw in Kai Empire and Sen Province's Li Hazara. Something is making me feel uneasy," Yona said.

I stared at her and smiled. As expected of Hiryuu's reincarnation. She caught on to it. After living so many centuries, I have seen it all. Wars, death, tyranny, the rise and fall of people who thought they had it all. Humans were always just like that. They never learn...

Then someone barged into the ragged house. He was crawling on the ground.

"You're so loud. What is it? Did you drink too much booze?" Someone asked.

"It's... It-It-It's a disaster. Ka... Kai Empire... All of Kai Empire's troops have broken through the border! They've come to invade Kouka!" The man crawling on the ground said.

Oh? It's already starting...

"What are you saying..." The man asked.

"It's information from the Northern Village, Hil. There's no mistake. The powerful family from Sen Province, Li Hazara... Is leading a large army. He's advancing towards Saika," He replied.

"Hey! Apparently, the Rokka Gates have been breached!"

"Even the Saika Citizens have realized it. The rumors have been spreading."

"A little while ago, general Soo-jin lead an army towards Kah-Sho Fort."

"The Sen Province army is pretty strong!"