Chapter 2

Picture of a couple who hold very close to Meera's heart.

One week later

We are currently on the flight to India to Chennai international airport it's only been 2 boring hours. This flight barely got any entertainment at all and people say business class on this airline is really good. Typical advertising giving false information. And if you're wondering about my bestie then she'll come a few days after me. Ugh! If she were on this plane with me it would be entertaining in itself. I used to go to India a lot when I was younger but I haven't been in 5 years.

"Food will be served in a few minutes thank you for your patience."
Finally I'm so hungry don't they know when people are actually hungry. Goodness sake.
"Namaste, what would you like to eat?"
There isn't really that much to choose from really, it's just vegetarian or non- vegetarian.
"Ummmm I would like non-veg please.
"Would you like a drink with that, miss?
Would I like a drink with it or not? If I do which one? I'm so stupid it is just a drink.
"Yes I would like a drink orange juice please."
I taste the food, not bad but not good either. It's basically rice with a golden, yellow coloured chicken curry with some mango pickle and a side of beans.
Not the greatest stuff in the world but it'll do for now.

Now what do I do I'm so bored I'll watch a movie I guess there is a lot of Bollywood movies.

After 3 hours of boredom, movies and reevaluating life....

Whyyyy? Only 3 hours left no problem right? Now I remember what it was like 8 years ago but I didn't seem to notice it I was in the buzz of excitement of travel. Anyway my parents are next to me who are sleeping like logs while there's me who is probably the only one on the plane who isn't sleeping. I never really liked flights.

Things I hate about flights:
•it is so cold, like warm it up a little blankets aren't going to help.

•turbulence is scary you could potentially die. Am I right or am I right?

•you are thousands of feet up in the air. Like second point could crash and die plummeting down to the ground.

•the food is not food if you know what I mean.

•entertainment, is there even such a thing on a plane.

•finally air pressure your ear drums want to explode in pain. People like me who suffer during takeoff and landing. It HURTS people.

That my list of thing I hate and I have to go through it for 3 more hours 3 do you hear me? Do you? Ughhhhh! Life!
Well at least we're actually in India but not at the actual airport. I'm so tired I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes, just a few.

"Meera, Meera, sweetie, wake up we are here."
"Uhh, what, where?"
"We are at Chennai,dear come we have to get off the plane."
Omg I thought I went to sleep for a few minutes. Wow time flies! So I stand up and grab my luggage from the the overhead cabinets. Everyone walks quite slowly as people are still struggling with their bags. Ok me and my family are next to come out of the plane door, finally. I step out into the tunnel which links to the airport building. Whoa! A big change of temperature it literally hit me in a big gust of heat on my face.  It feels so good , I've missed india so much. But then again I'm drenched in sweat now. Where's deodorant when you need it? Oh wait!, the airport back in the uk said I wasn't allowed. Ugh!

Well, we go to complete the immigration stuff ( boring)  and then get our large luggage from the conveyor belt. Ah! Found my other bag.
" Meera, come now we have to go."
Slow down dad, it takes time. He is probably just really excited to be here but doesn't show it just like any other emotion he has. Indian dads do not express feelings.

We walk out of the exit, omg the airport looks so beautiful with its golden hue and aura. They've improved since I've last been here. I applaud them.
"Blossom!,Blossom!, you're here omg you're actually here!"
I get squeezed to death by my older brother. Yes I have an older brother his name is Sanjay he is 3 years older than me. I'm 22, so he's 25 years old. He is so loving and caring. I love and missed him so much.
" Anna, I missed you so much!"
(Anna means brother)
"Meera, how's my sister in law?"
Yes! Karthika. My brothers wife. Me and her are so relatable.
" I missed you both so much!"
Tears were now flowing. I cry for everything ok. I get attacked by both of them tackling me into a hug. My brother has a job as a game designer so he had to stay in India. Sad really I couldn't see him often. But karthika has been with him ever since they got married it was arranged always has and always will be. They're so cute together always smiling and happy even if they were arranged into their marriage. At least I want to be able to love like that when I get married to this random stranger. Maybe it isn't that bad.

An hour later...

I'm home well my true home. Hasn't changed at all has that Indian feel to it.
"Blossom!"
" Yes Anna!"
" my little sister growing up faster than I thought getting married and now leaving me again aren't you?"
That brings tears to my eyes straight away. The thought of being away from my family for my future husband is just terrible.
"Don't cry, blossom. I'm here don't worry."
He is the only one who calls me 'blossom' because blossoms are delicate flowers and can fall of the tree at any single movement. So I'm fragile I can cry easily and get hurt that's where the name comes from. Ding!

Sarah- you've landed right!

Sarah-OMG!

Sarah-what are you doing?

Sarah- I'm packing my second bag right now.

Sarah- can't wait to see you!

Meera- 😂😂

Sarah- what?

She always makes me laugh. Oh Sarah...