Chapter 35

Ajay's P.O.V

I immediately get up and walk around my desk. I take out a key from my pocket and unlock the draw. There it is, my wedding ring...

I go and sit back down gently remembering that Arnav is still asleep. Aw, he's so cute.

I show her the ring obviously identical to hers. Her eyes widen.

"Y-you s-still have it?"

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"

I notice her voice wavers and her eyes water.

She places her ring on the desk and she signals me to do the same, so I place my ring on the desk.

I look up at her and see she is just staring at me. Is she okay?

"Are you okay, Meera?"

She shakes her head no. Did I do something? I'm about to speak when she interrupts me.

"S-seriously Ajay, ugh making me a feel a lot of emotions right now!"

Oh okay then. I should stop this right now it's not going turn out well and this is just unnecessarily dragging on.

"Look here Meera, we've been talking for a while now but I think it's time to stop okay? We all know how this going end either way."

She stops for a minute and stares blankly at me.

"Ajay, Ajay...? Hmmm.. Are you going to think about what you just said?"

Has she gone mad? Did she here properly what I just said?

"Ajay Krishnan do you know what love is, truly?"

I think about it and reply.

"When you have a prominent liking of that person than others. You are compassionate and like things about them. So it's like a feeling you experience which lets you know you like them and it's one of the best feelings you can have."

She nods and replies while she sits down on the other client chair.

"Have you ever experienced it, seems like you have?"

"Yes with you of course."

"Would you say love is a precious thing?"

"Where is this going?"

"Answer the question you idiot."

My eyes widen and I reply, goodness sake woman!

"Yes love is a precious thing, you shouldn't waste it- oh my god! Meera!"

She starts looking at me in an 'I told you face' and starts laughing. She eventually stops laughing and I roll my eyes.

"You should try following your own words."

I have a warm feeling spreading in my chest. Ugh, now?!

I stand up and go towards the door to open it. She's winning, I'll just hurt her or something else.

I suddenly get pulled back by Meera and she trips and falls against the wall pulling me along with her. My eyes close as a reflex action as I fall I put my arms out in front of me onto the wall to stop myself.