Chapter 33

Meera's P.O.V

"You can't say that!"

"How can you love someone who almost got you killed, treated you like a dog etc?!"

"I don't know okay! I don't know, but I know this love is real."

My father looks at me in confusion and fury at the same time. We've been having an argument, I've went up to him and my mother. My sister is definitely okay with it since she admitted to helping Ajay. As well as my sister in law, she's happy for me.

I don't about Sanjay though, he's a bit stand offish. He's obviously over protective of me.

My mother speaks.

"Dear, are you sure? This might just be infatuation with him because of the stress he's caused you."

"Stop! It's not that! Don't you people get it? I love him, L-O-V-E him! Yes, he may have done some very questionable things but somehow he's captured my heart."

My brother speaks.

"Father, mother, she clearly does love him. Samantha has told me about the way she's been acting. Plus it's okay, they can get back together."

"Thank you Sanjay."

Both my parents look at each other in seriousness.

"Meera, how do you think the public will react? How do you know if he is truly good? Do you think he is completely good now Can you answer all these questions?"

"I don't know."

"Then-"

"But one I thing I DO know is, that you're trying to keep me away. I know you have good intentions, but you have to trust me on this."

They look accusingly at me.

"Please, I beg of you. I know many things could get wrong but we can sort them if they do but I feel he has genuinely changed, he acts, talks, differently. He seems genuine."

"We could disown you know? We have two other wonderful children who could take your place."

"What."

"If this goes wrong, we WILL disown you. You're lucky you have a business so you can provide for yourself. If he is fine and does as expected then we'll see to arrangements understood?"

My heart rate zooms right up, no, they wouldn't do that would they? I've heard all about disowning their children all over India. It's usual if it brings shame to the family but I didn't think they'd do that to me. Also they way my father said it hurt, he couldn't right?

"Okay, fine. Thanks father, nice to know you care."

His eyes widen and he frowns.

"You think, I don't care about you?! You are my daughter, No matter what you do I'll always care. You got married to him just like we asked you to, you have always listened to what we've said to you."

I look at him in curiosity and nod for him to continue.

"I've said that your brother before and your sister just because they didn't work in the business industry but do you see them on the streets?"

Then my sister speaks.

"He doesn't mean it Meera, some fathers do actually disown their children, for real. Whereas our father had said it to everyone of us. He's just trying to keep you away from Ajay, because he thinks he's not who you really think he is."