Chapter 16

Meera 's P.O.V

I laugh as he storms out the door in fury. At least he tried even though he caused it. Does Mr Krishnan have a soft spot forming? Ha! Not possible!

Ding!

I pick up my phone. 3 Missed calls
From Samantha, of course. She's been trying to call me for the past few hours.

I'm probably not making the most mature decision by ignoring it but she really made me angry and betrayed. But for the past week or so I've been in my room coming out occasionally to eat, drink or to get something as well to put out his glass of water in the morning.

I've been thinking how I'm useless and that no one should be a pushover like me and for some reason when he came in I was lit on fire. Like power surged through me, a new confidence. Not that I'm complaining.

Few weeks later...

A new month... Wow a month! Since marriage. Nothing's really happened, a few occasions where me and him yelled at each other. As well as my sister continuously spamming my phone full of calls and texts.

I should probably go meet her and apologise. It's been a long time and I don't want to completely cut off our sister bond. I grab my phone and text her. I have thought about it a lot.

Meera- ok we'll meet somewhere

Sam- thank you! Thank you! Where do you want to meet?

Meera- I guess at the park nearby your job?

Sam- perfect! I've got a lot to say to you. Today?

Meera- yep today and I've got a lot to talk about as well.

Sam- 4:00pm

Meera- ok great.

Sam- see you there.

Meera- sure

I feel a little better now that I can meet her. I hope this can fix this, I just want us to be back to normal. I would've hurt her just as badly as she hurt me and we have to me mature adults about this.

At the moment it's 2:30, I've got 1 hr and 30 minutes. I'll read a book and then get ready.

After reading a few chapters I decide to get ready. I put on some leggings and a simple t-shirt. I go down the stairs after grabbing my saddle bag.

Just as I'm about to open the door the idiot speaks. Why wouldn't he? Of course.

"Where are you going all of a sudden?"

"None of your concern."

"It is my concern as you are living with me and I would prefer not having the police inform me that my 'wife' is missing. That would be quite unfortunate."

Ugh!!!! Can he not?! Does he have to be that annoying?

"Don't worry father, I'm a big girl now I won't get lost."

I slam the door and make my way to the main road where I catch a taxi to the park.

Where is she? I've been looking for her for the last few minutes and I can't find her! Are you serious right now?!