Chapter 14

Meera's P.O.V

What on earth is going on?

I didn't even tell my sister that my husband's name was Ajay, when we talked I just called him the 'idiot husband' as she clearly stated earlier. It's been only a few days yet there is trouble already, well not just between me and him, for once.

I realise that Sam is still at our door.

"Come in Sam, we will talk about this inside our sitting room."

She comes in followed by Mr Krishnan as I shut the front door afterwards. I really need answers. Might as well go make tea for the guest.

I go into the kitchen and prepare tea for the three of us. Wait he doesn't want anything I make except the glass of water I leave on his bedside table every morning. But my sister is here should I make an effort to act as a couple, well no she knows I don't like him. Fine, out of courtesy.

The tea is finished, so I pour it into three mugs and place them on a tray and head towards the sitting room.

OMG!

My sister and Ajay are sitting right next each other talking and laughing. He's actually, like genuinely smiling. Ow! My chest hurts. Why can't he smile when I'm around?

I clear my throat, which catches their attention.

"Tea, I made tea."

Wow I sound angry, am I angry, no.... Right?

"Thanks little sis, I can't believe out of all the men that our parents could of arranged you with you got my best friend!"

Her BEST friend!, so that's why my sister has got HER hand on MY husband's arm. Why am I getting possessive? Jealousy? I'm so dumb it's just a friendly gesture, even though they're sitting really close to each other. Ugh...

I place the tray down on the small table. I try to smile yet it comes out as if I were constipated. Why won't my cheek muscles work?!

"So you're best friends, I see."

Ajay flinches and his pupils are dilated,what's got him worried?

"Yeah, we've been best friends for like 2/3 years, he's the best. You're so lucky you know! This is the person who I hang out with a lot."

"Really a small world isn't it?"

"I know right?!, he's so sweet, caring, treats people like gems!"

Of course! Treats people like gems... So sweet and caring to me aren't I the lucky woman!?

" Mis- Meera, Samantha is your sister then, why didn't you let me know?"

He was clenching his jaw, no surprise there. Like I'd tell you that! He just sips his tea as do I.

"The topic didn't come up and you didn't ask about my family matters."

He simply nods and sips his tea, I should've put poison in it! Maybe next time there is a guest or something. I'm so evil!

Suddenly my sister gasps and hits Ajay on the arm. What?

"You complete idiot, I forgot you acted like a jerk to my sister at the proposal and a bit afterwards! How dare you!"

Well I only told her he hurt me as in feelings and it didn't matter much, which I didn't tell her the whole truth, thankfully otherwise it could destroy our family reputation. As well as thank you Sam for asking the important questions, at least once in this conversation!