Chapter 6

Meera P.O.V

I'm getting married out of my own will and in the worst way possible. He is so mean and he gave me the cold shoulder for the whole proposal it was so horrible. He is an idiot and how dare he say he doesn't want to marry me like it's no big deal. Well it is a big deal, Mr Ajay Krishnan. A business deal.

Yes I am getting married  to him but not for an ordinary arranged marriage but a business deal between my father and his father. I'm so angry I have to live with that idiot now. He probably will torture me till no end. You are probably thinking I could divorce him after a few months. But no that would bring horrible shame upon our family. Anyway I'm not going to give up I'll not divorce him he will have to equally participate in this ' relationship' for our reputation and deal. You are not going to win dear husband, I will.

I'm so annoyed with myself I never cry I am a strong woman. I just don't know what happened. I don't usually cry like that. He said words that hurt me even more after I was hurt by my parents yesterday.

Flashback...

I wake up, it's three in the morning. Omg, I never wake up this early. Maybe because I'm nervous. Anyway I'm hungry I'll take a little snack just a small one.

I head down the stairs and I hear some murmurs. What are people talking about this early. I quietly tip toe into the kitchen and take a biscuit.

" Meera and Ajay are getting married whether she likes it or not. She has to it's apart of the contract otherwise it's terminated."

What? Contract? I'm apart of a business deal. That's what my parents think of me. Maybe I'm hearing this wrong.

" Meera should not know this or everything will go out of hand. Ajay doesn't know about this deal either and his father has assured me he won't know for a long time."

They are going to get it now from me. My parents have been lying to me this whole time. Traitors. My own father just spoke about me like that.

I run into the sitting room and see on the table a bunch of sheets and papers. My heart just shattered into pieces. My eyes are watering. I look up at my so called parents. My father has a strained look while my mother has tear stained cheeks. Ok she has sympathy. It wasn't her fault yet she still knew about it and didn't tell me.

" Meera why are you awake?"

I don't answer just stare.

" I asked you something Meera answer it now."

My mother gets up and goes to her room. I'm going to get really mad and I don't want my mother to see this.

" I came to get a snack quickly but I heard a particular conversation about me and had to listen instead."

" you don't talk to your father like that Meera."

So he's considered more about discipline now is he.

" MY father wouldn't keep secrets  from me, MY father wouldn't treat me like some sort of object to be passed around, MY father wouldn't of  made such a stupid contract."

I said it eerily calm and deadly. I am definitely crying right now. My body is trembling and I'm sniffling terribly.

" Hey blossom, what's going on?, why are you here so ear-, WAIT are you crying?"

" yes I am crying because I'm an object to be passed to another family as part of a contract."

I say pointing to the piles of paper on the table.