Chapter 22

Meera's P.O.V

I look around and sigh. Nothing! Of course.  I think it's been a few days now, Ajay's still not here. I'm starting to loose hope. Will he ever find me?

STUPID-ARROGANT- GO- JUMP-OFF-A-CLIFF-FACE!, comes in every few hours to have 'wonderful' chats with me, let's just say I haven't had this many injuries in a while or ever!

Oh and 'Pumpkin!' WHO ON EARTH WOULD CALL SOMEONE PUMPKIN?!!

Ajay I swear, PLEASE rescue me! What's taking you so long?! I'm sure you're smart enough.

I hear the door open. Guess who? It's time for our bonding time! Yay! Note the sarcasm.

"Hey pumpkin! You see we're going to do something different today. I'll be taking photos of you for your hubby. With the way you look now, he's bound to enjoy it."

No, why? He takes out his phone and snaps some very 'flattering' pictures.

"Aww your husband is going to love these! If he wants you back then payment is the only option."

Excuse me!, I'm not something to be bought. Buuuuuttt, in this case whatever's necessary, you know?

"Now I need some props. Guys come in here!"

I see the two men same as before but one of them holds a gun. A GUN?! Let's negotiate, no, no! My eyes start to water.

"It's ok you're not going to get killed."

"Yet. But this is only for the photos hopefully I won't need to use it in real life."

I feel a cold metal surface touch my temple of my forehead. I shudder. Then ...

BANG!

I get wacked by the gun into the wall. Of course. Not lie I've been hurt all the time I've been here.

I feel the blood run down the back of my head. Great. I also hear pictures being taken.

"I didn't say you wouldn't get injured, I said you wouldn't be dead."

Like that makes it better.

I fall unconscious.

Ajay's P.O.V

Meera, Meera, Meera. It's ok, you're going to be ok.

I've got a plan. I'll be there. Poor Meera, she's absolutely hurt! Ravi you are going to pay for this!

He sent me several pictures of her brutally injured. She's being held at gun point.

I've got a plan though, it's fine. Ajay, it's fine. It's going to work! IT HAS TO!

He texted me saying he wants 25 million. That's going to ruin my business. I've said ok, it's going all according to plan.

Ravi- Nice, better be no funny business. Remember your beloved wife's in my hands. 25 Million as promised. Meet me at the border of Chennai City.

Ravi- BRING NO ONE WITH YOU I will check and if there is Meera will get shot.

Ajay- Bring Meera please I beg you.

Ravi- we'll see only if you do as I say

Ajay- fine just don't harm her anymore.

I switch off my phone. I hear a knock on the door, I go and open it. There standing there are Meera's family with either angry looks on their faces or tear stained faces.

I had to tell them, even if originally I didn't want to. It's not right and they'll find out eventually.

The father rushes in, followed by the others including, Samantha.

SMACK!

Meera's father hits me. I was expecting this. Everyone just bursts into tears. I feel my cheek, it's probably gone red.

"How dare you?! How dare you? We trust you with our daughter and you lose her to some maniac. How could you let this happen?!"

I lower my head in shame. The mother sits down and cries even more. I'm suddenly held up by the collar. Sanjay.

"YOU! AJAY. You're the one who is at fault. Who knows what my sister has been through while she's been here with you! I'm absolutely disgusted with you."

Samantha speaks.

"What?! Sanjay he's been my best friend for years! Ajay? What's he talking about?"

Might as well tell her, I'm not quite getting to like her as much as someone else. I tell them everything. I get a large amount of curse words from the father and brother.

Samantha, of course is gutted and in absolute mess of tears.

"You traitor! You ruined our sister bond! I hate you! She was right, I was an idiot to not see the devil inside you. WHO WOULD LOVE THE LIKES OF YOU?! Don't EVER speak to me again!"

My heart completely crashes. Well divorce is definitely happening. Probably for the best even if I don't really want it to happen.

"I've got a plan, please listen to me. I know how to get her back."

"You better have a plan."

I explain all the details of my plan. They agree reluctantly. I nod and they go to the police station. This is risky but this is the only way.

I prepare a large bag filled with 'cash' and get ready to drive off to the border of Chennai City.

Ravi you are going to jail and Meera you're going to be back to safety.

----------------------------------------------
A/N-

Sorry this is a VERY short chapter. I have the flu so I tried to update. I know you are all disappointed in me.

But next time I will make a MUCH better chapter.

Thanks 🙏🏽

Lotus7543