Chapter 27

A/N- This is what she wears to work, snazzy, huh? Also nothing's wrong ignore her facial expression. Well nothing's wrong yet.
----------------------------------------------
Meera's P.O.V

I wake up and go get ready for the day. Afterwards I wake up Arnav.

"Mummy! Why did you wake me up?! I want to sleep!"

I laugh, shake my head and pick him up and get him ready for the day. I put him in the sitting room and go to get dressed.

I make a few phone calls, make breakfast for us and then put him in the car. I drive off towards school.

Yep, he goes to school, but yesterday it was a holiday of some sort, I don't know? At least he enjoyed it. I secretly slip in a chocolate lollipop in his bag. I'm sure he will love that!

We arrive at his school, well pre-school. I squish Navi in a hug and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"BYE MUMMY!"

"Bye Navi!"

He runs through the door into the building while I get back into my car and drive off to work.

Finally I arrived, traffic these days! Ugh! I walk to my office where there is a cup of coffee waiting for me. Mmmm...

I sip the warm drink as it spreads its taste around my mouth, relieving me. Now, I can get on with work.

I spend the next few hours sorting out paperwork, having meetings, talking with employees and stretching my arms as they hurt. Ow, what? My arms are weak ok?

My stomach rumbles, time to get Lunch. Yes! My favourite time of day apart from seeing Navi, of course. I go to the eating area and look at the food choices. I choose the roti (flat bread) and chicken curry with some orange juice. I pay for it and dig in.

Not as good as my mothers food but I'm hungry so... yeah. I see my sister and Karthika coming towards me with their food. I smile and wave them over.

"Hey, Sam, Karthika!"

They sit down on the chairs and place their plates on the table. They look at each other with nervous eyes. What? I stare at them in confusion.

"Sis, you see, um Karthika why don't you say it since it was your hubby who saw him."

"Him?"

I get a weary feeling in my heart. It can't be... No right?

"Thanks but he's your brother. Fine, ok um, you know uh, AK right?"

AK, Ajay Krishnan. Yep no need to shorten that VILE name. My face hardens and brows furrow.

"You saw him didn't you?"

Well, duh? He's not fallen off the face of the earth has he, I'm so stupid.

"Well yes, not me Sanjay actually."

They tuck into their lunches as I finish my last bit.

"He didn't say anything?"

"No apparently, he looks really bad though. Like not emotionally but physically. Hasn't had much sleep, probably due to Raj Corps not doing too well."