Chapter Twenty Two

I woke up the next morning. Joe was gone. He had gotten a job offer downtown and it starts early. I looked at the clock. 9:34. Yup he is definitely gone. I got up and got dressed. I tired my hair in a bun and put on jeans and a tank top. I slipped on my flats and grabbed my bag. I decided to tour the city today. I got in my BMW and drove downtown. I smiled as I saw all the big buildings and people. My phone buzzed. (1 New Message) oh god!! what if it's Taylor? What do I say? I looked. From Joe. i sighed. it said,

"Meet me at the Cafe downtown." I texted back,

"Sure. See you soon." I drove to the cafe and parked. I walked in and saw Joe sitting a two person table. He saw me and waved at me. I walked to the table and he stood up and kissed my cheek. I cringed at his lips. 

"You got here fast?" He smiled. 

"I was already downtown." I said. He set his napkin on his lap and took a sip of water.

"What were you doing down here?" He asked setting his glass down. I set the napkin in my lap too.

"Just touring. Its so cool." I faked a smile.

"It is isn't it." He smiled. We ordered lunch and my phone started buzzing. I took my phone out. The caller ID: Selena. 

"I should take this." I said scooting out of my chair.

"Alright." He smiled. I went outside and answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Taylor. Whats up? Haven't talked to you in a while." Selena answered.

"Well I got married." I said faking being happy.

"Oh right. Obviously not Taylor." She said sadly. 

"I married Joe. How did you know I didn't marry Taylor?" I asked curiously.

"Well I hung out with him yesterday." She said awkwardly. I froze in place.

"Oh you did. How is he?" I asked.

"He is pretty sad, but now that we're together I'm going to get him back in shape." She said happy. I gasped and almost dropped the phone. Did she say what I thought she said? Together?

"Taylor? Hello?" she asked.

"Together?" I choked out.

"Well kind of. I'm trying to get him." She said awkwardly.

"Selena! How could you. He's my boyfriend!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about? You're married remember! And if you haven't forgot I set you guys up. I have liked him for a long time!" She yelled back.

"Selena please don't!" I said tearing up.

"Taylor. I'm sorry. I'm 21 years old and ready to settle down. And Taylor is the right guy for me." She said.

"You wouldn't!" I cried.

"Taylor my parents are actually letting me marry who I wish." She said.

"I can't believe you." I yelled.

"Taylor I know this is hard for you!" She said with sympathy.

"Shut the fuck up! People say that to me all the time, just shut up." I yelled.

"Fine! good luck with your life. It's fucked up enough already." She said and hung up. I wiped my tears. I can't believe it. My best friend is trying to marry my boyfriend. Well kind of? I hate this! I went back into the cafe.

"Are you alright?" Joe asked as I came and sat down.

"Yes." I lied.

Are you sure?" He asked.

"Uhh yes. Just drop it." I said and we ate lunch. I still can't believe it. I guess Taylor can't prove his love for me. He needs help. And so do I.