Chapter Thirty Four

"Oh my god! Alright I'll be there soon!" I rambled nearly dropping my phone. 

"Hurry Taylor!!" I heard her cry and the phone went dead. 

"ASHLEY!" I screamed. I put my phone away,a nod ran to the car. I threw the door open and stepped on the gas. I sped forward towards Taylor's house. How could Joe do this? Oh my god. I sped around the corners, and arrived at the house. I turned the engine off and ran to the door throwing it open. 

" Stop Joe-" I yelled, but came to a halt. Ashley wasn't being raped. She was sitting on the couch. Joe was standing next to her with a gun in his hand. Joe smiled.

"Right on time." He smirked.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your friend here set you up." Joe said walking towards me. I shook my head and looked at Ashley.

"Taylor I didn't." Ashley said tears pooling her eyes.

"Ashley why did you call Taylor, and tell her to come home when I was here?" Joe asked evilly. 

"Because you told me-" Ashley yelled.

"Silence!" Joe yelled. Ashley closed her mouth and looked down.

"You brought me here?" I said crying looking at Ashley.

"Taylor, he threatened me." Ashley said softly. Joe sighed and lifted his gun at Ashley.

"Wrong Answer." He smirked and cocked his gun. 

"Joe please no!" I screamed. Ashley was crying.

"If you want to save your friend you should come home to me, instead of staying with your so called hero!" He said pointing his gun at Ashley still.

"Why can't you finally get that I love him!" I sobbed.

"He isn't here is he!!!! Is he!!! He isn't here to save you or her!!! Or our baby!!!" Joe Yelled loudly. I was sobbing now. I dropped to my knee's and cried into my hands.

"Admit it Taylor! He isn't your hero. He'll never care about you as much as I do." Joe said calming down. I placed my hand on my stomach. I was now 5 weeks pregnant. This baby meant everything to me. I knew there was a chance at it being Joe's baby, but I still loved it. I lifted my head out of my hands and stared at my stomach. I could hear Ashley crying to herself and Joe's heavy breathing. Joe grabbed my arm and helped me up. I ripped my arm away.

"Come on Taylor. Were going home." He said softly. I shook my head. I heard his gun jingle in his hand and remembered that Ashley's life was at stake. I looked at him. I nodded and crossed my arms and walked outside.

"Good choice." He smiled.

"Taylor no!" Ashley cried. I looked at her with red eyes. Joe slammed the door and locked it. Ashley appeared at the window and placed her hand on the glass. She cried and I saw her slide down. I closed my eyes and let tears fall.

"I love you." Joe whispered and kissed my cheek. I turned and looked out the window as he drove towards the house. I hadn't been there in a month. He led me in and I sat not he couch. Joe opened his safe and threw his gun in. He closed the safe door and spun the combination. He looked at me and went to the fridge and got a beer. He walked back into the living room and sat next to me and turned on the T.V. 

"Don't worry Taylor, I'll always love you." Joe said and laughed. It has been now 6 months, and I've been stuck here. I don't bother with anything anymore. I don't speak to Joe much, and I'm now 29 weeks pregnant. I'm pretty big now and have mainly been thinking of the baby. 

"Ready for your doctor's appointment?" Joe asked grabbing his coat. I nodded and got in the car. He drove me to the doctor. 

"Ready to find out the gender?" The nurse asked. I nodded and she put the gel on my stomach. The monitor came on and we saw the baby. I smiled. I couldn't remember the last time I had. 

"Congratulations Taylor it's a girl." The nurse said. I smiled and looked at her on the monitor.

"My baby girl." I whispered and closed my eyes.