Chapter 2

Euphoria

Chapter 2:

Camila's POV

It's been 2 days since Lauren's first day and I still haven't talked to her. I can't really talk to her during class and she always disappears during lunch. Besides, I really don't know what to tell her. So I just continue to give her a smile whenever I could.

I'm such a socially awkward person. I really don't know how to start conversations. Dammit. That's one of the few things that I hate about myself.

It was right when the final bell rang that I saw her packing her bag next to my locker. I never knew her locker was next to mine.

I took a deep breathe and headed to my locker.

Now is your time to start a conversation camila.

Think of something.

Anything.

Ugh.

Just anything.

That's when I saw it. A copy of "The Baby sitters club"

Thank you books!

"OMG you like the Baby Sitters club?" I exclaimed

She looked at me with a startled look, her eyes digging deep into mine.

"What?" She said

"The book" I pointed at it. " the baby sitters club" I said

"Oh" she said. "Yes I like them, do you?" She said with a scared look

I sat down next to her and grabbed the book "yea I love them"

"Which one are you reading right now" she asked.

"I'm reading kristy's big day" I said

"Oh I haven't read that one"

"I haven't read this one" I said while pointing at the book.

"It's good. Do you wanna borrow it? I just I finished it" she said

Is this girl really offering to let me borrow her book?

"Yea I'd love that. And I can give you Kristy's big day tomorrow cause I'm almost done"

"Oh thanks" she smiled at me. That was the first time I've seen her give me a full on smile and god was it a pretty smile.

By that time she finished packing her bag and stood up.

"Well , it's nice to know that there are normal people in this school" she said with a smile.

I gave her a wry smile

"See you tomorrow camz" she winked as she headed towards the school doors

"Camz?" I shouted

I heard her laugh

Crap.

She's leaving.

I quickly sprinted up towards her and said while gasping for air "Lauren, do you wanna sit with me during lunch tomorrow?"

Wow. I can't believe I just said that.

Where did those guts come from. And I always sit with Sandra, what if she doesn't like Sandra? What is she doesn't even want to eat with me?

"Would love to" I heard her say

Wait what? She said yes?!

She smiled and headed out of the door.

***********

Lauren and I started hanging out during lunch everyday. Sandra liked Lauren (thank god) and didn't mind her hanging out. It turned out that lauren and i had a lot in common. Lauren loves reading just as much as I do. Her favorite movie was even grease! Just like me. She loves food and appreciates it. I even found out that she had a boyfriend in San Diego, but they broke up before she moved. Not many 10 year old girls get boyfriends. There were also scary things that I found out about her. Not scary in that way. She was just as rich as Lucy, Vero, and Alexa. She knew just as much in fashion as them, and she was just as pretty. No actually prettier. She belonged with them, and I knew that. What I liked about her though is she still chose to hang out with me. Me. Camila cabello. Someone who belong in The loser squad.

What I admired about her though is her confidence. It seemed like everyday she'd become more comfortable with the school, and her true character slowly emerged. She's such an outgoing person. She's very confident, and she doesn't really care what other people think of her. I admired her and I wanted to be like her.

Today as we were heading to our first swimming class of the school year I asked her if she was gonna swim.

"I forgot my swimsuit today, but I'll swim next time"

"Oh good luck with that, our swim teacher ms.isabella is really strict about that" I said

"It's ok, it's my first swim class" she said with a smile.

"What color is your swim suite though?"

"My favorite swim suite is my green bikini" she said

"BIKINI?" I was shocked. No one has the nerves to wear a bikini.

"Oh. Yea. I like bikinis."

"But aren't you shy?"

"Why would I be?"

This girl really has got great confidence.

"Oh camz I wanna ask you something"

"Yea?"

"Do you guys have a softball team here?"

Oh no. No. She's thinking of joining the softball team. With Lucy. And Vero. And Alexa. And every other popular girl in our school.

"Umm yea, I think try outs are sometime next week, you should ask ms.isabella, she co coaches"

"Oh great! I used to play softball back home, and I'd love to get back to playing it."

I don't like where this is going.