Chapter 35

A/N thank you guys so much for the positive feedback! You guys make me really happy. :)

Lauren's POV

I'm so happy to see her. I'm so happy that she's happy to see me. I'm so happy cause I know that she's going to love the surprise I have stored for her. I'm really excited, because she has no idea. She asked me today "so what do you remember now?" And I told her "some stuff"
"Care to tell me?" She asked me and I told her that I'll tell her later.
I go over my plan as I wait for her in the car. I'm driving again :).
I told camz that I was going to take her out. To that same restaurant that I planned to take her the day of the accident. Because now I remember why I wanted to take her there. Yes, I remember. I remember every single thing that happened. That's why my 2 weeks turned into 6. Because I was remembering. I can't wait till I tell her.
I have the perfect evening planned for us. Dinner at that restaurant and then a trip to somewhere special since its the weekend. Camz doesn't know that we're going away though.
This time I asked my dad's permission, and both of her parents. It's going to be a great night, I can just feel it.
"Lolo?" I hear her smooth voice and look up to see a beautiful creature dressed in black leather shorts and a red top.
"Heyyy" I say and get out of the car to place a Kiss on her lip.
"Not in front of my parents lolo" she says and pushes me away"they're still not 100% accepting"
"Oh come on I know that you want to kiss me as much as I do. I missed this" I say and lean in to place another kiss and this time she gives in.
She's grown to be an amazing kisser with her kisses getting better and better every single time.
"Come on let's go" I said and opened the door for camila.
"You know, you're making it hard for me, I was supposed to be the one taking you out and making plans" she says
"Well I wanna do this to thank you, for sticking with me and supporting me" I say and kiss her forehead
She turns crimson red and I smirk because I know that she really likes this. I turn on the radio and we start our journey with Camila telling me everything that happened with her in the past 6 weeks. I loved listening to her.
"OMG how selfish of me lolo to talk this whole time, tell me about you" she says when she realizes that I've been listening and not talking much.
"It's ok camz, your voice makes me happy" I say
We were approaching that street where the accident happens.
"Lolo.." Camz whispers
"It's ok, I can do this" I say
"I'm scared" she says
"It's ok camz, nothing will happen this time" I say and take her hand.
Camz closes her eyes and I drive carefully towards the part where the accident happened. I keep my eyes focused on the road and look left and right and make sure that nothing is coming our way. Slowly I drive past it and I let out a deep breathe that I didn't know that I was holding.
"Camz it's over, nothing happened" I say and she opens her eyes and looks at me. "Oh thank god" she says as her faces relaxes into a smile. God I really love it when she smiles. It makes me feel all sort if good things.
"Hey camz so we're here" I say
"Wait, Lauren, this is the place you wanted to take me..."
"On the day of the accident, yes" I say
"Wait does this mean that-"
"Yes camz I say" as I park the car and turn around to face her. "I remember"
"Oh my god" she whispers
I reach up to her and take her hands, and look her in the eye "this is my surprise camz, I remember, I remember everything. Everything that we shared and everything that I went through." I start
"It was 15 days after I started the treatment, I was looking at the collection of books the facility had and found this book titled "the Baby-Sitters Club, Kristy's Big Day" it was the only book that looked Interesting from their collection so I started reading it. The story was very familiar, it felt like I've read it before. I tried remembering then, I forced myself to remember when I read that book. I remembered objects, like lockers, shoes and then I remembered a bow. A red bow. That's when I associated it with you, Bows remind me of you. Later that night I placed all the objects and the snippets that I remembered together, like a puzzle. Just like that I was able to remember our first conversation together" I continued and noticed that Camila's eyes were tearing up.
"Oh lolo" she whispers
"That's when I decided to extend my stay, the facility were really excited that I remembered something and worked with me everyday for hours until I was able to put together my life story."
Camila was in tears right now, and when I finished she pulled me into her and hugged me really tightly.

**********

"So what would you like to order ma'am?" The waiter asked as he eyed up Camila
"I'd like some fettuccine Alfredo without the mushrooms" she said and I laughed at her pickiness
"Hey" she said and I laughed at her
"I'd like some seafood pasta" I say and Camila makes a face. She can be really cute sometimes.
The waiter leaves and tells us that our food would be ready in 20 minutes.
"It better be ready faster cause I'm really starving" she says
"So camz, wanna know why I bright you here?" I ask
"Yes please do, because I honestly thought there was something special about it, but there's nothing different about it" she says "no offense or anything" she adds
"Well there is something special about it" I say
Camila motions to me with her head to go on.
"Well, when I was eight, my mom showed up to school and picked me up. I asked her why she picked me up early and she told me that because we're going on an adventure. She didn't pick up Taylor or dad. It was just me and her. We got into her car and she started driving. I was really confused because my mom never acted like that. Anyways so we start driving, and mom turns the radio on really loud, and we just sing along and dance to the music. We drove for 2 days, stopping at motels to sleep and stopping at diners for food. My mom talked to me about everything. She told me her life story and her struggles and everything that she was grateful for."
"Where did you do? Where was she driving you to?" Camila asks
"She drove me to Miami. To this restaurant specifically. We parked here and I wondered why she took me to this restaurant. She then explained to me how this is where dad proposed to her, and it's the first good memory she had her whole life. She told me that dad took her here to tell her something important and that she wanted to tell me something important to. That's when she told me that she has cancer"
"Oh lolo" Camila says and grabs my hand
"That moment changed my life forever. My mom and I became closer, but I was losing her day by day. I was living in darkness for such a long time after death, and you changed that by simply being in my life. You got me out of my darkness." I say
"Camila I brought you here because this place is like a symbol of change in my family's life, and I want this to me a memorable moment of change, because Camila, I love you" I finally say
Camila was literally in tears. She squeezes my hand and looks deeply into my eyes. She gets out of her seat and comes towards me. She puts my face in her hands and places her lips on mine. She kisses me with such passion that I forget that I'm alive for a while.
We separate and she looks into my eyes again, "Lauren, I love you so much. I never thought it was possible to love someone this much" she says and I quickly place my lips on hers again.
This time, we get interrupted by the waiter that brought our food. He looked really shocked, like he didn't know that we were a couple.
"Yes stay away from MY GIRL" I say in my head.
We spend at least 2 hours at the restaurant before we decide that we should get going.
"This was great lolo, I really don't want to go home" she says
I smile and say "who says that we're going home?"
"Huh?" Camila says with a confused look
"We're not going home camz" I say with a smirk
"What do you mean?"
"What I mean is that we're going to Disneyland"