Chapter 21

Euphoria

Chapter 21

Camila's POV

Lauren is taking me on my first date today. I can't wait. Of course I had to ditch my friends again and they weren't really happy about it. Normani was pissed and Dinah was furious. Ally didn't care cause she's been kissing Troy.

My phone buzzed.

Pick you up at 7-L

Ok :) -C

It was already 6;30, and knowing Lauren, she'll probably be here on time. Lauren said that we'll be eating outside, so I decided to wear a short white dress that ties around my neck. I put on some bow shaped earrings and let my hair fall down. I applied some eyeliner and put on some red liptick. This was my first date ever, and I wanted it to be perfect.

The horn honked t exactly 7 pm, and I slowly snuck out of the house. My parents knew that I was going out, I just didn't want them to see m dressed like this and then they'll start asking questions.

Lauren was standing beside her car. She looked amazing. She had on tight black pants and a short black shirt that showed off her stomach. She had on red lipstick and her dark hair was perfectly curled. Lauren and black....

"Wow Camz" she said when I approached her, "You look so beautiful"

"speak for yourself lo, you're not allowed to wear black"I said with a wink.

Lauren smirked and leaned in for a kiss. I moved away "not here lo.."

Lauren was disappointed but she quickly let it go and opened the car door for me. She's so cute.

"The restaurant we are going to is a bit far, but I promise you'll like it camz" she said

"It's ok lo" I said with a smile.

We drove on and talked about everything. From school to books to movies to shaving and to food.

"I came out to my dad" she said

"Omg you did? When?"

"today.."

"omg what did he say? Did he take it well?"

"He was fine with it. He said that he noticed me being happier and if it's a girl that's making me happy then he's supportive. He said that whatever makes me happy makes him happy"

"Oh lo.."

"He wants to meet you"

"I'd love to meet him."

I was so happy for lauren.

We were on an empty street and Brave by Sara Bareilles started playing. Lauren turned the volume up and she started singing. I hesitated at first, but then just sang. For a few seconds, Lauren and I sang together. However, Lauren then stopped and just looked at me. She had a smile on her face, but her eyes were filled with tears.She lowered the volume and stopped the car. She then looked back at me. We just stared at each other.

"What's wrong lo? I whispered

"Your voice...Camz..." she stuttered "your voice, It sounds so much like hers" she finally says.

She didn't have to explain who "she" was cause I knew. I took her hand and squeezed it.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Lolo, Why are you sorry?"

"cause this is supposed to be our first date, and things were supposed to go perfectly"

I then just leaned in towards her and kissed her. "It's perfect" I whispered into her mouth. Lauren smiled into the kiss and then pulled away.

"Let's sing some more" she finally says

"Are you sure?"

"It's going to take a while for me to get used to listening to your voice and not think about her, but I still want us to sing"

With that she turned on the radio and we continued driving. At that moment, I felt this weird feeling that I've never felt before. It was this feeling of great happiness.

I think you call that feeling

Euphoria.

I smiled and enjoyed every second of that moment.

Then I saw it, and heard it. Lights coming closer and the sound of a truck. It kept getting closer and closer. I heard a scream.

Then, everything went black.

Hi please comment cause I really like knowing your thoughts on the story :)