Chapter 27

Euphoria

Chapter 27:

Lauren's POV

So it turns out that I'm actually 17. We also moved to Miami a few years ago. The reason I'm in a hospital is because I got in a car accident. I was with this Camila girl. No one really knows where we were heading, except for Camila, but she's not really telling me.

I feel like I used to have a big connection with her or something, except that I don't really remember what kind of connection.

She visits me everyday with a new rose to replace the dead one.

I asked her once why she brings me roses, and she just smiled at me. She has a really beautiful smile. I asked her if we're best friends, and she said that I have other best friends. Some girls called Lucy, Vero and Alexa. The way she talked about them made me realize that she doesn't like them.

Taylor is in college right now and I never see Dad. As for mom, Taylor says that she's away on a trip.

I don't know though, my mom is always here for us, especially if we're sick.

I asked Taylor that, and for some reason she looked really sad. I can sense that something is wrong, except that no one is telling me that.

Dr.Griffith thinks that it's best if I stay in the hospital for one more week before they can release me. The doctors will make me perform some exercises to help me get back some of my memory back.

I really hope that I can get it back because I want to go back to school, and I really don't want to be an 11 year old that's living in a 17 year old body.

Camila said that she's going to bring me some of my most recent music, movies and books to help me remember.

Someone knocks on the door and Camila comes in. She's wearing a short pink skirt with a white top and pink bow. I asked her once why she always wears bows and she said that it has always been her thing.

"Hi Lauren" She says and gives me a kiss on my cheek. She always kisses me on my cheek and I never really resist cause what if we had that sort of friendship where we kiss each other's cheeks. Besides it feels nice.

"Hi Camila" I say and give her a smile.

"Ok so I brought some stuff, some are your favorite and others are not. I wanna see if you're the same Lauren" She says with a smile.

"Ok!" I say and sit up "I'm excited to see what Lauren, I mean I< liked"

She takes out her phone and plays a song.

'White lips, pale face, burning in, snow flakes....' A beautiful voice sings. I listen for a bit longer and then say "I like him"

Camila smiles. I listen for a bit more and then say "I really really like him"

The smile on Camila's face is now bigger. "That's Ed Sheeran. You really liked him. Glad you still do." She says

"Show me more.." I say and Camila makes me listen to a few more Ed Sheeran songs and I liked every single one of them.

"Good to know that I had good musical taste" I say

Camila laughs and plays another songs by different artists and I seemed to pass all the different tests. She seemed pretty happy about that.

"Ok lolo I want you to read these books, they were your favorites so I want to- What's wrong?"

"What did you call me?" I asked

"Lauren?"

"No no.. you said lolo"

Her face suddenly turned red "omg did I?"

"Yea.. when you called me that I don't know but I felt something"

Camila looks at me with wide eyes

"What did you feel" she says in a quiet voice

"I don't know, it's like I remembered something for moment. I felt a memory. Does that make sense?"

Camila nods. "I used to call you lolo, so maybe when I called you that you somehow remembered something for a second"

"Maybe.." I say

Camila looks at me, for longer than usual. She then gets up and leaves. I think I saw a tear in her eye.