Chapter 31

Euphoria

Chapter 31

Lauren's POV

Take a deep breathe Lauren, It was only a dream. Your Mom is not dead. That was probably not her funeral that you just saw. It's a dream Lauren.

But every single dream that I've had in the past week was a memory.

This doesn't mean that this was true Lauren.

"Lauren" a voice calls, I can't really see who the source was because it was really dark

"Mom?!" I say

"Lauren, are you ok?" The voice says

"Oh my god mom, I just had a really horrible dream, oh my god I'm so happy that you're alive"

"Laur, It's me, Taylor"

"Taylor?" I say with obvious disappointment. "I thought.. I thought..."

She quickly comes into my room and embraces me in a hug. "Lauren.. it's ok"

"Taylor, what happened to mom? Because I just had a dream and Im really scared that it was a memory"

Taylor smoothes my hair and takes a deep breathe "What did you dream about?"

I shake my head "It was scary.. mom got into a car accident and she.. and she.."

Taylor nods and embraces me into another hug. "it's going to be ok Lauren" she whispers

"So it's true?" I ask

"Yes Lauren, Mom is dead"

And then suddenly the world collapses.

Camila's POV

My phone rings around 3 am. Ugh. Who exactly has the nerve to call someone at 3 am. This is ridiculous.

I reach out for my phone and answer.

"Hello" I say with a sleepy voice

"Camila?" The familiar voice says

"Umm who is this?"

"Camila, this is Taylor, Lauren's sister"

My heart suddenly beats really fast and I'm so scared "LAUREN! Is she ok? Taylor what happned? Did anything happen?" I say quickly

"Not really. She found out. She needs you. I don't want the same thing to happen again"

"Ill be at your house in 5 minutes" I say and quickly find my keys and start driving to Lauren's house.

I know what Taylor meant about finding out, and I'm really scared that Lauren will go back into her dark hole. This is not fair. Lauren has to experience losing her mom all over again.

"Where is she?" I ask when Taylor opens the door for me

"In her room. She hasn't spoken a word ever since. She's not really responding to me, and when I tried to hug her, she hit me telling me that I killed her"

"I'll see what I can do" I say and I walk to Lauren's room

I see Lauren sprawled on her bed, with her back placed on the bed and her face facing the ceiling. Her hands were placed on her heart as if trying to stop the pain. She was not moving and when I called her name, she didn't respond.

"Lolo" I tried again. She flinches but she remains in her position.

"Lolo, It's me, Camz" Her eyes leave the ceiling to look at me, but then they return to their original position.

I reach for her hand and take it into mine. She jerks her hand away from me.

"Lolo" I plead

A tear runs down her cheek, followed my another and another. I touch her fce to wipe it way, but she slaps my hand away. I suddenly see fire in her eyes, and she sits up. She stand up and starts kicking her closet.

"Lauren!' I say as I try to stop her. "Stop!"

She continues with greater force this time.

"Lauren! Stop! You'll hurt yourself!"

She conitues, but this time she adds her hand.

"LAUREN!" I scream

I can't take this, I can't really see her like this. Watching someone you love go through so much pain and knowing that there's nothing that you can do about it is really hard.

I then do the only stupid thing left to do. I had to do something, or else she would've hurt herself.

I start singing. "Skies are crying, I am watching„ catching teardrops in my hand,only silence.."

Lauren suddenly stops and looks at me.

I continue "You can take everything I have, You can break everything I am.."

I look at Lauren and she looks at me, her eyes pleading for something. I reach out my hands and she collapses into my arms. She starts to silently sob and I just pull her in closer.

"CamZ" she whispers

"It's going to be alright lauren" I say

She continues to sob. "Camz, take this pain away" She pleads

And my heart completely breaks for her. "Lolo, I swear if I can, I'll take the pain away and kick it's ass. The pain is very mean"

Lauren let's out a small giggle but then she starts to cry again.

"Sing to me Camila" she says

"what do you want me to sing?" I ask

"Ed Sheeran"

And so I sing. I go through the whole Ed Sheeran album while lauren is in my arms. She slowly stops sobbing.

She releases herself from my arms and looks at me.I look into her eyes and see all sorts of colors.

We slowly lean into each other connect our lips. Different fireworks start and continue as we add passion to the kiss. The kiss was a mixture of sadness and longing. We break apart.

"Don't leave" she pleads

I nod and we both cuddle on her bed with Lauren's head resting on my shoulder and we slowly fall asleep.