Chapter 37

Camila's POV
It's our senior year, and Lauren and I had a fight a couple of months ago over university. She got into Columbia, which is her first choice university and I got into Purdue university for a major in creative writing. Columbia is in New York and Purdue is in Indiana. They're in two completely different states, but Lauren and I decided to make sure that we both go to our first choice universities and manage a successful long distance relationship. But then I got the acceptance letter from NYU, where they offered me a full scholarship in music. As much as I loved music, i wanted a career in writing more and that's what started the fights. Lauren thinks that I'm crazy for throwing away something like that and I don't know how to explain to her that I would rather pursue a career in writing because I really like it. We had one big fight after another, and then we decided to take some time apart. It's been 4 months.
Ofcourse we have both came out to everyone now, and since Lauren is so beautiful and gorgeous, so many girls have been hitting on her. After a month of our split, she was dating Courtney, the point guard in our schools basketball team. A few days earlier I heard that she's going to prom with Amy.
I cannot lie, everything has been so hard for me. I can't believe how she easily rebounded and every girl she's been dating prettier than the other.It really hurts.
Anyways, Prom is in 10 days and Lauren and I were supposed to go to prom together. We talked about it for ages and but now that we've split up, i don't really see why I should go without her. However, I am going to the senior rave, which is going to be epic. It's tonight and people somehow managed to get a sick Dj and it's going to be held outdoors and it's going to run all night. I've been anticipating it for so long I couldn't not go just because of Lauren. Normani, Ally and Dinah and me have picked our rave outfits ages ago. Ofcourse when I picked mine, I chose something that I know that Lauren will find hot.
*************************************
THIS RAVE IS SICK and I've been dancing for 4 hours straight now and it's 2 am and everything is so beautiful. Everyone is drunk and happy and dancing and it's so beautiful. Normani and Dinah are so out of it and ally is just over the moon talking about how beautiful everything is. Everything is perfect. Except it's not. I can't see Lauren anywhere. I saw her friends but I can't really see her. This is so not like her. Raves are things that Lauren loves do it's really odd that she's not here dancing her heart out. After a few songs I got really tired and decided to sit down for a bit. I go and sit in a corner by myself and I just go on tumblr for a bit. I go through my dashboard, reblogging and liking a few posts. But then I come up across a text post that says "it's been 7 years. I miss you" and then it hits me. Today is Lauren's mother's death anniversary Ofcourse she's not here. Suddenly I feel so guilty. I should have known. This day is so hard on Lauren she shouldn't be alone. Then I do this thing that anyone would've done and not only an ex girlfriend would've done. I replied to her text post. "Stay strong. She loves you. And I miss you". Two minutes later i get a text from Lauren
"I miss you too :("
I quickly reply
"Where are you? -C"
"The beach-L"
"Can I join you?-C"
It takes her ten minutes to reply to this one and I thought that I might've said the wrong thing, but then she finally replies with
"Please -L"
I didn't need anyone to tell me anything. I was a little drunk but I had to get to lauren. I got in my car and drive as carefully as possible to the beach. I found my way to Lauren's special spot, and found Lauren laying down looking at the stars. Just looking at her made my heart beat like sledgehammer. She looked so pretty, with her hair spread out on the sand and her eyes glowing. Ofcourse her eyes were blood red, but her beautiful eyes still managed to glow.
I quietly made my to her side and lay down parallel to her body.
With my head towards the sky I whispered
"It's beautiful isn't it"
She was quiet for a whole but then she whispered back "yes"
She then moved her hands around until she found mine. She interlaced her fingers with mine and she put her head on my shoulder. We stayed like that until the sun came out. Not saying a word, just breathing next to each other.
A/N: I suck at updating but here's a chapter :)