Chapter 1: The Unexpected Kiss

You watched your best friend, Racy Yeghi, powdering her nose. Bored and debating on whether or not you made a huge mistake on agreeing to her stupid favour, you sighed.

"After he told you that he liked you...you still think this is a good idea?" You asked in slight nervousness, feeling your palms start to sweat as you wiped lamely at your thigh.

She stopped powdering her nose.

It was quiet.

You pursed your lips a bit regretting ever saying anything, but the huge elephant in the room had to be addressed.

"Jungk—"

"It's been a month since then Y/N..." She trailed off uncomfortably.

You rolled your eyes.

"...and besides, both Jungkook and I have established the fact that I like Taehyung, and Taehyung likes me. He's mature enough to get over it if it's still bothering him," she spat, her back muscles in her dress tightening and tensing.

Your brows jumped at that, your lips parting open, "Well shit, what's up your ass?"

You watched as Racy sighed and looked at you through the mirror with sad eyes.

"That was rude."

"Yup."

She sighed again and you simply went back to trying not to focus on your hands sweating so much.

You watched her continue finishing her makeup. Anxiously looking away and at the blue flowing dress you were wearing, you twitched uncomfortably on Racy's bed. It was quiet and the only thing you could think of was the boy who was being set up with you by his love, Racy.

Racy was your best friend, she was your everything. So being here and agreeing to do this was easy. Growing up as an orphan and knowing nothing more than the girl before you, life was hard. It always had been. But with her, being there for you, life always seemed to match up in the end.

No matter how much you tried to make this date about being good to her, you couldn't help but feel slightly off about the entire thing.

"You promised not to leave us alone so please don't—"

"Would you calm down?"

Your voice squeaked, "I am calm, who said I'm not calm?"

You simply swore under your breath as you moved uncomfortable on the bed again.

Racy laughed.

You tried to play it all off but couldn't. "Racy please please don't leave us okay? I've already taken a shit twice in these twenty minutes of me being here because I've been so scared of finally seeing this guy and—"

"Y/N!"

"What?" You asked almost painfully, feeling nauseous.

"He hates it when people ramble," she said grinning as she went back to staring at herself in the mirror, "try not going all y/n mode when it comes to that alright?"

You swallowed so hard you felt your esophagus move two inches to the right. It was throat-tearing.

"But I'm like the master of rambling..."

-

Kim Taehyung rang the doorbell. He glanced over at Jungkook who was surprisingly quiet. He smiled at him sweetly, "Jungkook-ah why so quiet?"