Chapter 20: He Felt At Ease

You swore under your breath when hearing the stair creak below your foot.

Sighing in slight relief when you heard a little giggle along with a soft chuckle coming from the kitchen, you were glad that your friend didn't get distracted from whoever he had propped onto the kitchen counter.

Moving to the door slowly, you twisted over at the knob.

"Y/N?"

Your hand clenched over the cold surface of the knob before looking back over at your friend with the biggest smile you could muster.

"Shawn! Hello," you chimed. You leaned your head over to look at the woman who was half naked on the counter. She was kissing softly at his neck even though Shawn's attention was now on you.

"Hello, Sarah," you said slowly.

Shawn licked his lips smiling as the girl shook her head giggling again, "I'm Jimin."

"Yes you are," he flirted before kissing her.

Your brows furrowed a bit as you could've sworn you had seen another woman the other night. Glancing over at the living room when Shawn's arm lamely pointed over, his mouth distracted, you looked over.

Eyes widening when glancing over at the couch to see a woman naked and underneath a blanket on the couch, your mouth gaped slightly open.

"Well shit," you breathed out.

You were impressed.

He chuckled against the girl's lips before looking over at you again. It's as if he heard you mumble to yourself.

"Where were you heading?"

"To Iris's," you lied, smiling tightly before having your foot practically out the door, "Have fun with your...friends."

"They won't be staying for long," he blurted out.

"What?" the girl on the counter popped confused.

"What?" Shawn popped, brows jumping at the fact that he had just said that.

You tried not bursting out laughing as you quickly escaped the house. You weren't worried for the boy however, he had a playboy charm and would probably get himself out of this situation easily.

What you did worry about however was going to the BigHit Entertainment building without being seen by the boys.

"Finger's crossed," you sighed out lamely before slumping down into your car.

-

.

"I love you."

"I love you Jungkook," your voice shook as you said it the second time, "that's why it all bothers me okay?! That's why the minute I see you with Racy my whole world fucking shatters! That's why every time you cry over her—or over anything at all, I wish to just somehow take your pain away! Because seeing you in pain is unbearable for me!"

.

"Jungkookie?"

Jungkook jumped abruptly when his wide eyes met Hoseok who was standing in front of him. The expression on his hyung's face was worried.

"Hm?"

"You okay?" He asked softly before glancing over at the door of the dance practice room which was wide open.

Jungkook glanced over at the open door before nodding curtly.

Hoseok smiled lightly. "You see her pass down through the hallway for like a second and you blank out on us?" He teased, moving to go back into his position.