2| Escapade

S H I R O

Four years has passed since we were taken in custody at the vampire's reign, the past years were harsh, we offer our blood to the vampires just so we can survive in this harsh environment. Sometimes I'm getting anaemic of too much blood lost.

"What's your name?" a vampire asked me as he was holding a tablet, I clenched my fist as I could feel shiver surge throughout my body.

"Hyakuya Shiro," a kid near my age examined me as the vampire nodded, as he gave me the permission to leave.

"Shiro-chan, over here!" i turned around to see Mika waving his hands at me, I ran towards him and Yuu who was standing beside him.

We started to walk through the huge place that seems to be like a castle, then we offered our blood as we were given a bag of drink, we exited the place.

My knees fell on the pavements as the two turned to me and went to my aid, oh no...not this again.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just getting anaemic."

The two of them helped me up as they supported my arms, then we started to walk again as I felt my body became cold yet again.

We stopped and take a seat on the staircase as we started to drink the medicine that the vampires gave us, well...except for Yuu who spurted the liquid contains.

"You're not drinking it again? You'll get sick Yuu-chan."

"Mika is right, you have to drink it."

Yuu sat beside me as I was sitting at the middle of the two of them, slowly, I was able to get my warmth in my body again thanks to the medicine.

"I can't drink this disgusting crap!"

"That's because you're a gourmet,"

"You stop doing what they say, too."

"I don't think it's that bad." Mika started as he stood up while me and Yuu looked at him.

"Why is that? It's scary here,"

"But at least we won't be killed here, and more importantly, we can live with our family...isn't that enough?"

He has a point, but...I don't want to be here, it's scary and you might die because of blood lost.

"I'm not their livestock,"

"Quit keeping stubborn, if you keep doing that...you'll surely die here." Mika said as Yuu threw his bag of medicine at him while he dodged it, the bag fell on the pavements.

There were two vampires walking as they stepped on the hands of the kids who were drawing on the pavements, I couldn't do anything...fear gets the best of my own body.

"Yuu-chan, don't!" i snapped back to reality as I saw Yuu walking up to the vampires, he tackled them and saying that they should apologise

"W-Were's sorry, please put him down! He isn't harmless or anything!"

"He's really stupid and his head's not right...so please forgive him!"

"Stop it, Shiro! Mika! I'm gonna—"

The vampire walked to the edge of the bridge while he was gripping on Yuu's shirt, me and Mika hurriedly walked up to him, begging him to stop.