42| Blood

"Go now, Mika-san! Meet us at the airport, we'll rendezvous there." Shinoa yelled as she gripped her scythe tightly.

"W-Wait...Shiro-chan, let's go!" Mika said as he held Yuu in his arms while grabbing Shiro's wrist.

"I'm staying here, Mika." she answered while wiping her tears away with her wrist as he gasped.

"Why wouldn't you come? I've finally found you two...so why?" he asked.

"I need to protect you two from the humans coming after you, plus...I can't leave Shinoa-chan and the others here alone." she answered truthfully.

"P-Please come with us now! We don't have much time left..."

Shiro turned around and gave him an reassuring smile as his eyes widened in shocked. "I'll be back in a few."

She started counterattacking humans who were attempting to hurt the vampire, Mika looked at her for awhile before making an conclusion.

"Promise me that you will come back to us alive." he said.

She smiled. "I promise!"

Then Mika took Yuu away as he made in run, leaving Shiro and the others versus the other humans.

After arguing against them for a few moments, an unknown helicopter appeared in the snowy sky as the humans were surprised after vampires jumped out of the helicopter.

The sudden arrival of the vampires caused stress and depression to the human being as their kind was being assaulted one by one, leaving no one as an exception. Crimson blood scattered on the ground as the war seem to be endless.

"Everyone, retreat now! Our rendezvous point is the airport! There will be helicopters for us to escape in!" Shinya yelled while fighting against an vampire.

"We're retreating!" Shinoa yelled as she turned her scythe back to an normal black key.

Akaru stared at his two subordinates who were laying on the ground, lifelessly. Somehow, he couldn't move an muscle alone as he was afraid.

"Akaru! Snap out of it!" Shinya said while smacking him back to reality.

Akaru could do nothing but grit his teeth and retreated, leaving his comrades die by themselves.

Meanwhile, Mika was carrying a huge burden in his arm, Yuu who was still unconscious by his extreme outburst. Droplets of blood fell on the ground as he was feeling kind of cold from the damage he took earlier.

He fell on the ground as Yuu rolled out of his arms, he attempted to get the packs of Krul's blood in his patch, however to find the glasses shattered and empty. He then began to shake the black haired boy awake, but he didn't responded as tears streamed down his eyes, feeling hopeless.

"Yuu-chan...At this rate, I'm..." he heard an clang near the abandoned storehouse, then he spotted an child ran while shouting bloody mary and went inside.

Mika sprinted inside as he chased for the child, then he strangled its neck and pinned him on the cold ground with the eyes of an hungry animal.

"Blood...let me drink your blood!" he screamed as he painfully strangled the kid as he cried in pain.

"S-Somebody...save me!" the little boy said as he was chocking.

However, the kids hiding behind the shelves just stared at the vampire and the boy, unable to do anything because they were scared of the blonde who was acting like an animal. They were frozen in tracks.

Then he heard footsteps coming inside the room as a rather nostalgic voice pierced the air.

"Stop it, Mika!" he halted from his movements as his eyes widened before freeing the kid from his grip.

The boy ran away while crying as he reached her comrades and they ran out of the storehouse as their life was spared by the mysterious person who entered the place.

Mika froze in spot, he couldn't turned around because he was scared of what will that person think of him now, once he saw what he was doing.

The unknown person unwrapped Yuu's arm around their shoulder and put him safely on the ground as if he was very fragile and easy to break.

"Are you thirsty...Mika?" the voice asked as the blonde glared at the ground while gritting his teeth.

"Silence means yes..." the voice said again as it was confirmed that the vampire was really thirsty that it was driving him crazy at this moment.

That person began walking towards him as he still sat there, depressed. Once that they reached him, it stopped and fell on its knees as it wrapped its arms around him and embraced his back.

White locks can be seen at the corner of his eyes as it was confirmed that this person was really her, tears started streaming out of his scarlet eyes.

"It's really painful, Shiro-chan. I want to drink blood so badly...it's like I can't live without sipping one."

Her grip tightened around his torse as tears continued streaming out of his eyes while he felt her warmth on his back, the girl dug her face in his back as sadness brim in her eyes.

"Please drink my blood, Mika..."

His eyes widened from the girl's statement, he began to tremble as his throat was aching and feeling a little bit scratchy in need of blood.

"I-I can't Shiro-chan...I don't want to hurt you...I just can't." he cried.

"It's not just for your sake, it's for mine too. Do it so you can live...This is what I came for." she says.

"Y-You're my family, I can't possible draw blood out of your neck...it's like harming my own family!"

"But I can't leave you die because of blood lost, I will be really sad, and Yuu will be too..."

"Please Shiro-chan, don't do this to me. I don't want to hurt you again."

Tears started to flow out of Shiro's eyes as her arms began to tremble from the same sensation she has felt before when he bit her and draw out some of her blood, it really hurts.

"Mika...please listen to me...I-I don't want to see you dead...not again."

Her voice became raspy while her eyes became reddish from her tears, she was feeling distressed and weakening from everything. She just wants everyone to be happy again.

"I also don't want you to drink other people's blood when they are scared of being bitten..." she reasoned out.

"I don't want to see you hurt Yuu..."

Her arms left his torso as she forced him to face her, his face was beaten up while his eyes were bright red.

"So please do this for me," she says.

Complying to her request, he nodded as she sighed in relief. Slowly, she unbuttoned her upper shirt as her neck was exposed to him while she was adverting her gaze, tears appearing in her eyes.

"Drink my blood, Mika." she said.

He leaned in her neck as he inhaled her soft fragrance, he opened his mouth as his sharp fangs could be seen. Shutting her eyes closed, she waited for the pain that will penetrated in her neck. She waited and waited but...

No pain came to her but instead...her eyes widened when a sword pierced Mika's chest, making a huge hole while blood was escaping.

"What do you think you're doing, Vampire?!"

To be Continued...