39| Next Five Hours

S H I R O

It's so dark, I couldn't see anything but darkness alone. Something is covering my eyes in preventing me to see the light. However, there is also something else that is pressed against me with great warmth. It's very much pleasing in my comfort.

"Hey Shiro...do you still remember, our promise?"

Promise...? What promise? More importantly, who is this speaking...?

There stood in front of me a little girl with long brown hair that reached her back, she was smiling at me, happily. Unable to speak, I kept quiet, not knowing what she's talking about.

"It seems like you don't, well, it's not so surprising though...nobody remembers me after all."

I tried to open my mouth to speak but words wouldn't come out of my throat,  it seems like my ability to speak has been erased. I couldn't speak.

A lone tear streamed down her cheek as her eyes were still unable to see because of the hair that was covering it. Then she says...

"Please remember...our promise."

My eyes shot open as cold sweat trickled down my forehead, something was wrapped against me as I looked down to see a black cloak around me.

I snuggled in the clock around me as it was warm and I found it pleasing, until I heard someone's voice echoed across the room.

"Are you really going to leave Guren behind?!" that voice...it's Yuu's.

"How many times do I have to tell you? It can't be helped! The vampires are way out of our league...Even Shiro-chan can't beat them!" Another voice yelled as I looked up and saw Shinya-san.

I stood up from the ground I was seem to be sleeping earlier as my back left the wall, the cloak was still on my shoulder, resting.

"What's wrong...?" I asked as all of them looked at me while I rubbed my eye. "Did something happened?"

They seemed to be shocked and somewhat restless, but most of all saddened by something.

"Shiro-chan...you're finally awake!" Shinoa-chan exclaimed as she hurriedly walked up to me.

"Thank goodness." she says while sighing in relief before smiling.

"Huh? Did something happen..?" I asked as I titled my head to the side.

"Shiro...don't you remember anything?" Mitsuba-chan asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

They kept quite as I was in complete confusion, then I looked down and saw both of my gloved hands that was stained by blood.

"W-Why are my hands...stained with blood?!" I asked as I was terrified.

My knees began to tremble as I felt cold, who could have I killed when I was out? What just happened?

"W-Whose blood does this belong?"