Chapter 41

IVAN

Immersing myself in the kitchen, I had never really got a day of rest when that demonic alien boss got possessed by his dark side.

Apparently, I'm just a gorgeous maid that he married because he wants it. Oh well, I'm glad that I married a handsome-rich husband setting aside his personality.

Hindi ako mapili, tyaka, his face is about the same level as my beauty.

I grimaced when I went back to the dining area where I left my shitty husband, but the fuck why Jairo was the one sitting at the table.

Was it just my hallucination?

I gasped when my bright mind come up with a gorgeous idea. "Kaya mo pala manggaya ng mukha ng iba, Boss?" I queried as I approached the table.

He chuckled as he slowly stood on his seat and carried the food in my stead.

I blinked many times in surprise because of his unexpected gesture. "Boss?" I called in hesitation.

My hand slightly trembled as my mind became chaotic as I tried to use every single cell of my brain just to crack a possible answer about when did he become such a gentleman.

Tuluyang naging si Sir Jairo na siya? O' nakulam ba siya? May maling serum na nalaklak?

"Boss, okay ka lang?" I asked when I got shocked more when he ate faster than he usually did.

He laughed briefly before he wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Not a bad cook. I see now why he ate someone else cook without hesitation," he stated, fixing his sleeves.

Hmm, teka, nagpali ka 'rin ng damit?

"Oh, your 'Boss' said, he got an emergency thing to do. Thanks for the meal, anyway. See you later in the training ground," he said as he stood in front of me, grinning happily at me.

I scratched my head to wake up my brain. "So, hindi ka si, umm, Boss?" I questioned, scanning his body from head to toe.

He nodded and patted my head before he left.

I squinted my eyes when I could get what just happened. "Si Sir ba talaga o pinagtritripan lang ako ni Boss?" I mumbled and went back to the kitchen to pulled out the left dishes I hid.

My eyes sparkled in happiness, seeing my magnificent cook. "Bleeh, wala na akong paki kung trip mo o hindi. Basta mas Malaki ang portion na tinago ko compara sa inihanda ko," I murmured as I giggled.

Pagkain lang katapat sa mga sitwasyon na hindi mo maintindihan! I bubbled the wordings I got from my friend Jaeky. I bobbed my head in agreement with her statement. "Tama, tama."

KRIS

Clearing my mind, I scrolled through the gallery of my phone. A smile automatically formed on my lips as I scan her ugly photos I took. I silently stayed in a private dining room, waiting for another shit to happen.

"Moron," I whispered when I stopped on one of her photos, the night after our wedding.

She was wearing her wedding gown without any prosthetics on her face, lifting the long gown so it won't get in her way as she walks to the bathroom.

I laughed softly it reminded me of that entertaining night.

"Beautiful," I mumbled as zoomed her face.

I snorted when I uttered such silly words. I shouldn't carelessly do something like this that might accelerate the time of my own doom.

She's my secret that I want to keep in my side until the day I won't deserve her.

"Son, my son."

My attention swiftly transferred to my "mother" that called me sweetly and happily, like what her face and attitude usually is.

"Mom," I called back, selling another fake smile of mine.

Her smile spread widely after I kissed her cheeks. She glanced back at the door and called for another person to come in.

My smile immediately faded when I recognized who it was.

"Tia, it's been a long time since you two last met, right?" Mother beamed at her, letting her took a seat beside her.

My smile automatically went back when my mother took a glimpse of me.

"Son, I think you need someone to be your "public" wife, right?"

I got shocked briefly by her phrase. My eyes flew back to my crazy mother, staring intently at her face.

"Does she know my dog?" I queried as I smiled widely back at her.

How dare you to decide on your own, evil hag.

"She doesn't need to know until the day she will step foot on the church, right?" she replied, smiling widely with missing eyes.

How sweet, you mean until the day of her funeral?

I laughed shortly. "I'll think about it, mother. Thank you for worrying about me," I said, bearing with my fake smile.

She faked a laugh too. "I worry about my child the most, of course," she responded and for a split of seconds, her face turned serious.

I snorted.

My child, how sweet. How far you'll go to secure her, Mother.

To be continued...