Chapter 54

IVAN

The next morning, I woke up with puffy eyes because I cried until midnight. My head did ache a little from banging it accidentally on the headboard last night. I ignored it as I went to the kitchen to search for some food.

When I entered the kitchen, my older brother surprised me with a table of my favorite dishes. There were candles as well on tables.

I glanced at him with creasing brows. "Anong meron?" I asked.

He grinned widely as he took off his apron. "Pinagsisilbihan ang maganda kong kapatid?" he replied gently and offered me a chair.

"Kuya ba talaga kita?" I asked after I took a seat.

He pressed both of his lips and sighed. "Yes. I know you're confused, trying to understanding everything. Enduring this harsh truth so I think it would be better to eat plenty of foods, right?"

I rubbed my cheeks, trying not to cry again. "Hindi niyo ko papatayin, tapos ipaghihiwalay ang parte ng katawan." He cut me off.

"At pagkatapos hahayaang gawing pagkain ng mga ibon?" he continued my sentence.

I nodded my head slowly. "Why would I do that to my little sister?" he asked, putting some meat on my plate.

I zipped my mouth as look down at my plate. "That was an assassin sent by your husband's father, the current husband of our mother," he explained, waving his hand like a woman.

Ex-husband...

He grunted. "You see, sister. Let's finish eating talk about this later. Nawawalan ako ng gana dahil sa nanay natin," he admitted, clicking his tongue and shoving a mouthful of meat.

My brother and I strolled through the tiled pathway of the garden, which was also quite opposite of the entrance's scary surroundings.

He rested his big arm on my shoulder. "Don't take it to your heart," he uttered, making me look up to see his face.

He chuckled. "I'm sorry if we weren't able to know that we have you. If weren't for your husband, we wouldn't know," he confessed, tugging me near to his side.

He kissed the side of my head as we paused in the middle of strolling. "I'm sorry if I let you suffer alone," he said and rained my face with small kisses.

"Let your strong kuya pamper you," he whispered and nibbled my cheeks.

"Red, hindi pagkain 'yung kapatid mo."

I suddenly jumped in surprised when our father popped behind us.

"Her face is so soft so I tried chewing it," he admitted as he scratched his head.

I blinked my eyes as I stared at my father. "Anong pangalan niyo po, Sir?" I asked.

He smiled as he patted my head. "Elios Elleford—Dad—call me Dad," he said as he brushed his warm hands on my cheeks.

I giggled when my brother sneaked a kiss on my cheeks. "Dad," I beamed as I let my literal big brother hugged me tightly.

I shrieked in surprise when my father lifted me up and carried me like a little kid. "Upsy for our little lady in the house."

"She's taller than us now," Kuya mentioned as they started to walk.

There were no words needed to utter in my situation. At least I can feel the love they showered me. "Then, my brothers where I grew up," I mumbled.

"They were agents from the mother who raised you. She was planning to steal back her sons but you're the one they caught, so she raised you. Don't hate her," Dad explained, brushing his hand on my head.

I bobbed my head. "How about my real mother?" I asked.

"She's a crazy heiress of a mafia—she's a crazy freak," Brother red muttered.

"Mabait kaya si madam sa akin," I defended.

My brother snorted. "A nice and sadistic, woman. Our mother let his husband put a bounty on your head since you ruined their plans because your husband went against them."

My eyes widened. "Eh, si Boss?" I asked.

"Poor kid. He also grew up twisted, but he's trying to keep his old love," Dad said that confused me.

"Mafia rin ba kayo?" I asked.

Dad nodded slowly. "Yes, a mafia in seclusion."

I gasped. "Amazing! Mukhang mafia nga talaga kayo," I complimented.

Suddenly my brother gripped his chest and groaned. "Nakakatakot ba talaga kami?" he cried, wiping his hand on his eyes.

I clapped my hands. "Yup, Mafia na mafia talaga," I assured, giving him a thumbs up.

Dad and my brother just laugh at me. "Silly little one," Dad said as he flicked my head softly.

to be continued...