Chapter Thirty-Two :|: Suffocator

(What have I been doing that's not updating you may be asking? Watching Haikyuu!! (multiple times). I've come to notice I've got a lot of fans who also enjoy some volleyball assholes, so if ya'll want, I'm gonna start doing Haikyuu one-shots, or even a full fic idk, but this ones kinda drained me, and i treat it like shit ahaHaA. (There's like one or two more chapters of this left so HOLD TIGHT). Tell me what you guys think.

Lets get to what all four of you who still read this have been waiting for.)

Chapter Thirty-Two :|: Suffocator 

The ding of the microwave made Eren jump, and his stomach growled aggressively as he walked into the kitchen. He opened the door and reached for the soup he'd heated, but cursed as he nearly dropped it, grimacing from the burn on his finger. He clenched his fist so tightly it shook, thinking just how absolutely wonderful it was that he'd probably never be without some kind of pain or bruise again. 

As he sat down with his food, he went over the plan Levi had discussed with him. In a matter of hours, he'd have a guy dropping off a new car for them, and he'd dispose of the truck some how. He'd need to get to his family sooner, rather than later. The same source supplying their new car would have a message sent to his Aunt Kai, saying that Eren would be dropped off, unscathed, at a location of choice within San Francisco.  Eren continued to remember their conversation after finding out the passing of his mother, which, in a way, he almost knew deep inside. He'd realize now that things weren't going to be the way they should be, or that he thought they should.

Eren had asked how being back with Mikasa and Kai would be any safer. Not that he obliged to the idea, but he'd only put them in danger if there were still crazy gang leaders out to get him and Levi. All Levi had said was that he'd taken care of the man from before, which made the kids stomach turn all evening as he ate his food. 

Evening... no, at this point it'd be considered morning, right? The drape were drawn tightly against the windows, though slivers of street life crept through and onto the hardwood floor. His eyes were heavy and dry, and he longed to sleep. Why though? He felt as if all he'd done for a while now was sleep. The painkillers Pixis had given them were definitely not non-drowsy. His mind was racing but his body was fatigued, and he longed for sleep because it kept him from thinking. He'd sat in this apartment starring at walls and left to his own mind for too long now. The boredom was making him nauseous. 

He longed to run as well, though. Longed to race out of the building and onto the streets bellow, and run until he couldn't any longer. Levi promised he'd be home soon, but that only meant the man would be on his own after that. It meant that he'd be the one running, up until one day he couldn't. Either he would be caught, or killed by the people of his past. Eren clutched the fork in his hand so tightly he shook. People around him were dying at alarming rates, and it made him sick. 

Despite how hungry he'd been, he pushed the bowl away, having only taken a few bites, and hopped down from the stool. He sucked in a breath sharply has a numbness tingled around the injury in his chest, and he cursed under his breath. He hated this atmosphere that filled the apartment, a layer of gloom almost visible. He made his way toward the staircase, the glass paneling reflecting a light from somewhere at the top of the steps, and the tic-tac of a keyboard was the only sound he could make out. Exhaling slowly, he took a step, then another. Slowly he trekked the climb, careful not to have a repeat of what had happened the earlier afternoon. 

At the top, his feet dragged, uneasy. He wanted to find Levi though; didn't want to stay alone in the dark. A large bedroom was the main focus of the second floor, and on the carpet, surrounded by a few loose papers and a laptop, was Levi. Noticing motion, he looked up to see Eren, who clung to the edge of the stairs like a kid waiting to be told off.