Chapter Thirteen :|: In the Most Unromantic Way

The sports car pulled up the drive way to a nice, two story house just about ten minutes away from the bar. It was a light blue and curtains drawn over the windows. Levi killed the ignition and jumped out.

"Oi, are you coming, brat?" The older man growled, irritated. The car door slammed behind him.

Eren cringed and rubbed his head. "St-stop yelling. I feel like I can hear your neighbors next door sneeze *hic*." He opened the door and fumbled with his seat belt. Levi tapped his foot as Eren eventually made his way out of the car.

"You don't have some kind of super hearing, you just wasted what I'm guessing was all of your friends money on some cheap beer... Then some."

"Wh-why didn't you just take me h-*hic*-home?" The teen asked, following Levi up to the front door. He looked like a child, tired and clumsy, rubbing at his eyes.

"What, you want your sister seeing you like this? And what about your parents?"

Eren felt a pang in his heart. One, for remembering what he wanted to let loose of and have fun. Two, the fact that he'd forgotten about his parents. "Uh, Mr. Riv- I mean, Levi... My mom is still in the hos-"

"Shame." The man said, pulling out a key and unlocking the front door. The remark blew right past the teen. Eren looked down the road, viewing the whole neighborhood. The sky was dark and star speckled, lamp posts turned on all down the street. Each house looked similar to Levi's, a very expensive neighborhood all in all.

"Hey, Levi. How can you afford living in a place like this on a high school teachers salary?"

Levi shot a look back at the boy as the two stepped inside. "I used to be a college professor a few cities away. I moved here and found the job opportunity at your school unexpectedly popped up because of some wreckless driver and i didn't refuse."

But, Eren had already lost interest. He was looking around Levi's large living room. A flat screen TV hung on the wall in front of black leather couches. The floor was a dark, polished hardwood and a tile coffee table held stacks of books and magazines. A soft, green carpet spread out through the room.

Stairs lead up and out of the living room and up into what Eren suspected was bedrooms. Levi walked away and into the kitchen, an entire back part of the wall was windows, a sliding glass door in the middle of the see-through area. A marble island with black stools sat neatly and there were no dishes piled up in the sink. Levi opened a cupboard to show neatly arranged coffe mugs, tea cups, plates, and bowls lined up on seperate shelves.

"Oi, you want some tea?" He offered, pulling down two cups. Eren was about to agree, when something overwhelming hit him. The smell. The entire house smelled clean even. Laundry detergent and lemon cleaning products... Just like how his house used to smell.

He clamped a hand over his mouth and ran for the garbage can, throwing up.

Levi didn't even turn around. He just sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I swear to God, Jeager, you are cleaning whatever kind of mess you made up and then I'm beating you afterwards." He pulled down a kettle and filled it with water from the sink.

Eren groaned, but nodded. "Y-yes, Levi." He rubbed his head and grimaced, a major headache starting.

.:|:.:|:.:|:.:|:.:|:.:|:.:|:.:|:.

Half an hour later, Eren found himself turning off the water to Levi's clean tile shower. Steam danced around the bathroom, fogging up the mirror. Eren rubbed a towel over his dripping hair, feeling a bit better.