Chapter One :|: Stop and Stare

       Eren's POV

   Eren awoke with a groan and a growing pain in his side. "Damn it, Mikasa," He growled sleepily. "You could have just turned on the light or something!"

   His adopted sister gave him her usual get-your-shit-together-dumbass look and turned on her heels, leaving Eren in his room alone once again.

    While normally he'd roll over and fall right back asleep, he feared being kicked again. Eren sighed in over exaggeration and hoisted himself out of bed, clutching the bed frame as he stumbled through his messy room to the closet. He swung the door opened and rubbed his eyes with a yawn. It was the last week of school before Summer brake and he couldn't be happier.

    Throwing his sweatpants to the side, he tugged on the white jeans and buttoned-up white shirt that consisted their uniforms. The last thing, like most all uniforms had, was the school pendant. Other schools had vests or sashes or whatever, but at Wall Maria high, they had cropped jackets with the school logo patch on the sides of the shoulders and back. The logo was two wing looking things, one dark navy and one white, crossed over each other. They called it "The Wings of Freedom." Lame.

    Book bag swung over should and dignity tucked somewhere safe, Eren bolted down the stairs. Mikasa scowled at the sight of his ruffled hair. She opened her mouth, about to comment, when their mother opened the front door and pushed them towards it.

   "No time for bickering, you're both going to be late," she said with the kind smile Eren's mother always wore.

   "We'll make it, we'll make it," Mikasa assured, starting down the sidewalk already without him.

   "Wait, Mikasa!" He shouted after his stubborn sister. The day was starting off pretty normal, how it always did.

   "Eren, your other shoe?" Eren turned to see his mother holding up one of the knee high boots that was instructed with uniforms.

   Yes.

   The day was starting off fairly normal indeed.