Chapter Nine :|: The After-Hours Chat

        Eren trudged his way from gym back to his math class. He truely did not want to see that teacher. After how much of a jerk he'd been before, Eren would rather pour lemon juice into his eyes and swallow a bucket of salt. But, he couldn't fail anything right now. Not under these circumstances.

        The teen pulled open the wooden door into Mr. Rivailles' classroom, side-stepping a first year stuent who was rushing out quickly.

        He and the teacher were now the only two in the room. Eren had hoped there would at least be a few other people. He walked over to his desk awkwardly, dropping his bookbag by his seat. He took out his phone and sent Mikasa a quick message explaining why he'd be home late again. 

        Mr. Rivaille looked up from some paper work he seemed to be grading. By the look on his face, he almost seemed surprised to see that Eren had even shown up. But, only hardly. He had the same damn expression for everything.

        "Jeager," he adressed the teen, gesturing for him to have a seat. "It may be the last week of school, brat, but you should know that school is still going on. You don't get to be excused from work because of some silly issues you're going through."

        Eren's fists clenched. "I-issues-," He bit his tongue and looked away, his eyes stinging. He took his seat and starred at the cracks in the wood. Mr. Rivaille stood and stalked toward his desk. Eren tensed only slightly at watching the older mans soundless movements. He was going insane, he had to be. He needed to stop thinking about this hellish man and just get his shit dealt with and leave.

        But, he didn't. He continued to think about the man until Mr. Rivaille was standing right in front of his desk, grey eyes narrowed on him, willing Eren's to look up at him. So, Eren did.

        "Finish these questions, copy these notes, and form this into a summary. I don't care if you have to do the rest for homework, but I expect it to be ready first thing tomorrow at the beginning of the period." Eren just nodded. The brunette took the assignments and began working imediately. He couldn't afford to have homework at the moment. He had to go visit his mother as soon as possible.

        The teacher just strode back to his desk, leaning against the frame work and watching Eren as he tried to fly through the material. But, he didn't fly through as smoothly. He'd get stuck on a few equasions and just stare at the papers, thinking. The end of his pencil by this point was chewed and the eraser was wearing doing because of how much he'd been earasing. And through all this, he snuck glances at Mr. Rivaille. Not even trying to, his eyes just while he was think flickered up to meet the mans, who was also still watching him.

        "Is there something on my face?" Mr. Rivaille finally asked about the fifth time Eren had looked up. Eren looked away, his cheeks warming.

        "I- uh, no. Sorry, sir."

        The teacher sneered. "Tch, brat, then get back to work. You're losing time."

        Eren turned back to his paper, feeling embarrassed. Until, he realized, he'd done it again. Eren wasn't the one starring, he was. Eren didn't need to take this.

        "You're the one who was starring at me," He fired back, catching Mr. Rivaille's attention. The man centered his gaze on the boy. Eren didn't stop there; he didn't know how to stop. "And what gives you the right to be so heartless and such a douche? Huh? My mother could be dead, and you just sat there and called it off. Why should I ev-" Eren's voice was getting smaller in power as he realized the man was approaching him again. This time, quicker, determined.

        Mr. Rivaille gripped the collar of Erens' shirt, pulling him out of his chair and pressing him against the wall. Never had Eren been so intemidated By a man almost a whole head shorter than him. The grey eyes were scanning him over again, the older mans grip becoming painful. Mr. Rivaille was so close that Eren could feel his breath on his neck as he growled into the younger boys ear.

        "Don't you ever call me that again, brat. Thing happen and people get hurt and often get killed. But, not everyone makes this kind of a fuss. Get your shit together and i want you to leave. That report better be finished tomorrow or im going to hang you by your toe nails from the flag pole and beat you with a baseball bat. You understand?"

        Eren's breath hitched in his throat and he nodded quickly. The teacher realeased him and turned on his heels quickly. Eren fell to his knees, sliding down the wall, trying to find oxegon in the air around him.

        He departed quickly, shoved things in his bag carelessly, and rushed out of the room even quicker.

                Levi's POV

        Levi watched as the kid left, sitting in his seat and continuing his cold gaze until Eren was gone, then released a breath loudly. 'That,' he thought, 'was a little harsh.'

        But, why should he care? The brat diserved a good talking too. Maybe even a beating.

        'Did he really?'

        He sighed, hating on his concious for being such a soft-hearted little shit. But, Levi couldn't deny this feeling. There was... Something about that boy that... struck him. He was curious. And the way he had left him looking defensless and almost pleading on the ground... he had a wanting feeling.

        This, could be very, very bad. He shouldn't want to see Eren like that, feel over powering to him. Shouldn't want to take his breath away, shouldn't want to take him like he had out of his seat.

        Shouldn't want to look at him. But, he did. He was caught doing it as well and was called out. Tomorrow, he could clear his head, however. Waiting out the bar at the little club downtown should clear things up.

        He needed the routine.