Chapter Five :|: Perfect Timing

               "You call that running, Jaeger? Give me two more laps!" Coach Hanji wailed with laughter as she leaned back against the bleachers and chatted with one of the tennis captains. Eren groaned as he began to slow to a halt, bending over with desperate breaths before he fell back against the burning track. The coach shook her head in disappointment and approached the teen, the glare reflecting off her glasses made it impossible to see the real emotion in her eyes that wasn't playing on her face.

                "You can finish the other four laps tomorrow, Eren. Go get your things and you can start heading home."

                Eren groaned and rolled over. Finally. Struggling to push himself back up, he stumbled after the coach. Grabbing his bag off from the bleachers, he downed the last of his water, still not feeling satisfied after what he had went through.

               "Have y-you se-en mika-asa?" He coughed with a wheeze but managed to catch his breath.

               Coach Hanji nodded. "On your fifth time around. She came to drop off her softball uniform and see how long you had to go. She had no intention on waiting up either, as it seemed." Eren sighed and pulled out his phone from his bags smallest pocket. 5:30pm.

               Eren nodded to the coach and headed for the parking lot. He ran a hand through his messy hair and flicked whatever sweat collected to the burning concrete. He felt his lungs complain as he gave a startled gasp, receiving a threateningly loud cough. He looked up to see who he'd just bumped into to find he had to look down. Again.

               "How often am I going to find this happening, Jaeger?" A familiar voice snapped. Eren met the grey eyes that looked almost a silver in the evening light and stumbled back.

               "I-I'm sorry, Mr. Rivaille. It won't happen ag-again." The dark haired man gave the teen a grim look before smirking.

               "Good to know, brat." He paused and looked the kid up and down, making Eren feel terribly self-conscious about his current state. "What, were you running through traffic?"

               Eren shook his head and felt a bit flushed with embarrassment. He stepped back a bit at seeing how close the two males were. "I-uh, I got in trouble with the gym coach and had to run some laps."

               "Quite," Mr. Rivaille looked at his watch and frowned a bit. "Tch, you're here kind of late."

              Eren shrugged, pushing his backpack farther up his left shoulder. "I only live a few blocks away from here, Roscors street. I usually walk."

               "In this heat?" Mr. Rivaille narrowed his eyes on the boy, Eren trying not to squirm at the shorter mans gaze, looking at his feet. "That's two blocks from my place." The teacher began walking toward one of the few cars left in the parking lot, taking out a set of keys from his pocket and unlocking a small car meant for more speed than the even smaller town it was in offered. He looked back at the teen standing there awkwardly.

                "Well are you going to get in and take a kind offer or stand there like an idiot?" He snapped. Eren jumped with surprise, losing his words.

                 "I-uh, yes, please. Thank you, Mr. Rivaille."

                 "Shut up and sit down already."

(Sorry late update but here you go! its going to start getting really good here soon I promise ;) )