44; He thinks you're asleep

A/N: Here's a short imagine for you guys! Wrote some fluff because I've been posting a bunch of angst lately, so sorry for the lack of sap! Hopefully this will make up for it, haha. As always, have a great day! x

* . ⋆・゚。 . ・゚˚ . · · ✧

The night was young. Seeing as it was a Saturday evening, the streets of LA were the most busiest around this time- but you were already in bed, hugging a pillow against the side of your body.

Mark emerged from the bathroom wiping his glasses with the hem of his t-shirt. "Hey, Y/N, do you want to go-"

His mouth shut when he looked up and saw your figure on the bed, breathing steadily, as if you were asleep - which he assumed you were. A smile automatically formed on his lips, and he walked quietly towards you.

Pillow talk with Mark was the best, even if you often found it difficult to actually get some rest because of how you'd stay awake rambling about anything and everything. He just makes everything feel so right, and god, are you grateful for being the one to wake up next to him every morning and kiss his slightly chapped, yet soft lips almost any time you wanted. The joy that you experienced just by being with him was warm and light - it fluttered in your stomach and made its way up to your cheeks, making you smile unconsciously. You hoped that Mark felt this way, too.

He turned the bedside lamp off, immediately drowning the room in a deep, blue hue. After carefully placing his glasses on the table, he climbed onto his side of the bed and sat up, leaning against the headboard. It was hard not to fall asleep, with the somewhat soothing sounds of the distant cars lulling you to the edge of unconsciousness. It was Mark's voice that pulled you back.

"You're so cute when you sleep." He mumbled, his small smile never faltering. "I love talking to you right before we go to bed. It's just really nice being able to talk about anything to someone, you know? And I'm more than happy that that person is you."

You decided to stay quiet, and Mark continued, his voice a tad bit louder.

"You're such an amazing person, I still wonder how lucky I am to have you," He chuckled, and began to softly play with your hair. "You're my best friend and the love of my life. What have I done to deserve you?"

He closed his eyes, feeling them become heavy from the peaceful stillness of the room, yet he still continued to fumble around with your hair; running his slender fingers through it.

"I love you so much," He yawned, "it's impossible to express it through words alone."

"Just know that my love for you is infinite - and I will never stop showing it, even until after we're gone and we turn into stardust. I will find a way, I promise you that."

With one last big yawn, he lifted up the covers and slid under it, facing you. Through his sleepy eyes, he gazed at you adoringly, before planting a kiss on your forehead and falling asleep in an instant.

Once you've heard the first snore out of many, you opened your eyes slowly. You smiled at Mark's sleeping face, holding in a giggle as a drop of drool began to form at the corner of his mouth.

"I love you too, Mark."