Chapter 9: The Morning After II

When Tré woke up, Billie was still curled up in his arms, snoring softly. Tré watched him for a moment, taking in every little detail of his face before pecking his lips softly and standing up, putting his shirt and underwear on and going downstairs.

When Billie woke up, Tré was gone. He got out of bed quickly and put an old t shirt and sweatpants on, running a hand through his hair which was sticking up all over the place before going downstairs.

"Hi," Tré almost whispered when he spotted Billie.

Billie opened his mouth to speak but he found he couldn't, so he simply nodded and came over to Tré, sitting next to him. He felt Tré stiffen up straight away, and sighed as he realised he'd probably messed up a good friendship.

This couldn't happen again.

"Look we need to talk. I don't know what the hell Mike's thinking is going on with us, but we need to tell him the truth." Tré said suddenly.

"Which is?" Billie asked, raising his eyebrows.

"That it was just lust and nothing else. I was horny and you were fuckable. It doesn't take a genius." Tré muttered, looking at his hands as he spoke.

"Right." Billie simply said, watching Tré carefully.

"Yeah." Tré said quietly, and then neither man spoke again for what felt like a lifetime.

Tré's eyes met Billie's and stuck there for a while before Tré shuffled closer, pressing his lips to Billie's once again. Billie kissed back and pulled Tré close to him before pushing him off again gently.

"What is this. What just happened? This has gotta stop." Billie said quickly.

"I- I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking." Tré mumbled as Billie stared at the floor. "M'just gonna go." He stood up and went back upstairs, getting dressed and leaving quickly.

When Billie heard the front door click closed, he curled up on the couch and did something he had never done all the way through this mess.

He cried.