Chapter 14: Packing

Packing was always a challenge, but packing with Tre was going to be a bigger challenge.

"I feel like I'll need this." Tre said, holding up a spoon.

"They'll have cutlery there, doofus." I laughed, taking the spoon.

"What if they forget?" Tre replied. I simply shook my head and looked in Tre's suitcase. It was full of random crap.

"Where are your clothes? You don't need a kettle. Or a straw." I said, taking out the offending items as I listed them. "Pack some clothes."

"Geez, okay Mom." Tre got up and did as he was told.

After around two hours, we were packed and ready to go. Brittney said her goodbyes to Mike, but she was acting weird so I pulled her to the side for a private word.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She bit her lip and avoided my eyes.

"Nothing. I just have something to tell Mike when you guys get home." She explained.

I widened my eyes. "You're not pregnant are you?" 

She rubbed her face. "No Billie. I did a bad thing."

"What did you do?" I asked, concerned. If she had cheated it'd break Mike's heart.

"Y'know how it's Mike's birthday real soon?.. I kinda bought a puppy. The dog isn't even pregnant yet, it's my friend's and she asked if I wanted one. Will he be mad?"

"No way! He's always wanted a dog. But we won't be home for like 2 months, you should tell him now." I said quietly as I noticed Mike look over.

"No. And keep it to yourself." She said sternly.

By the time the bus got here, Tre had already had two chocolate milks and a donut so he was very 'lively'. Tre and I climbed on the bus as Brittney hugged Mike goodbye. She was crying and I could tell he didn't want to leave her. He kissed her one last time and told her he loved her and turned to Brixton.

"Be good for Mommy, little man." He said, hugging him quickly and doing the same to Ryan as she tugged on his leg before handing her back to Brittney and climbing onto the bus too. 

He came into the main part of the bus and sat next to me on the couch.

"You okay?" I asked.

He nodded. "I'm just gonna miss them." I hugged him quickly and Tre did the same before we all started unpacking. We all had separate rooms but shared a bathroom. It wasn't too bad, we were stopping at hotels along the way.

Tre turned to me as we all sat down again.

"Where's the first stop?" He asked. I grinned and squeezed his hand.

"England."