Chapter 11: Is This A Break-Up?

"Well what are we going to do?" Tre asked, receiving a shrug from Billie. Tre sighed. "Look. There's obviously something here, but even us almost being a couple has caused me so much pain and almost ruined a friendship, a great friendship. So how about we... forget it happened. Clean slate." Tre suggested. Billie blinked.

If he said okay, Tre will think he didn't care that much to begin with. If he said no, he'd seem clingy.

"...Okay." Billie finally said.

"Okay." Tre repeated, and he pulled him into a hug.

-------------3 weeks later--------------

*Tre POV*

Billie and I were friends. That's it. It had been that way for three weeks now, but he was still on my mind.

A lot.

I was sat watching some random horror movie for a while before my phone went.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Tre it's Mike, I'm at the hospital. Billie's got some kind of infection and he-" That's all I heard, because I hung up and jumped in my car, drove to the hospital and went straight to the front desk. 

"Billie Joe Armstrong," I choked to the nurse, and she gave me the room number.

I took the stairs two at a time until I got to Billie's room. Walking in, Billie was the first person I saw. He was lying in the hospital bed, he looked pale, and tired even though he was sleeping. A drip was in his hand and his hair was all messy. Spinning around the room I saw Mike.

"What happened?!" I asked, and Mike explained that Billie had called complaining of feeling ill. When Mike had got there, Billie had been on the bathroom floor, and he hadn't woken up since. I went over to the bed and held Billie's hand carefully, and straight away he opened his eyes, and smiled.

"Tre," He said, his voice almost a croak, "Give me a hug." I leant down and he wrapped his arms around me, clinging to me.

"I've missed you." He said against my chest.