Chapter 25: Recovery

When they arrived at the hospital, Tré followed Billie on the stretcher as long as he could, dropping into a plastic seat in the waiting room when the doctors told him he couldn't go any further.

He twisted his fingers around, shuffling his feet as he waited nervously.

He just wanted Mike to be here, so he could get out his nervous energy somehow.

The doctor came back after a short while and told Tré that Billie, injury wise, was okay.

The head injury was not a concussion so far, but one could show up. Other than that, Billie would just be sore from the bruises.

But to Tré's horror, Billie had been drugged, and it was a nasty one. Not that any of them are good, but still.

Billie was apparently reacting pretty badly to it, so the doctor's wanted him here to keep an eye on him since he'd had a fit, a bad one.

They thought it was out of his system but were keeping him in overnight to make sure, but Tré was free to go and see him, which he did and quickly.

He closed the door to Billie's room quietly as he stepped in, unsurprised to find Billie fast asleep curled up on his side.

Tré walked over slowly and brushed Billie's hair back, taking his hand and kissing his knuckles.

Poor guy had known he wasn't safe -- Mike and Tré had shrugged it off. Adam could burn in hell for all Tré cared.

He pulled up another one of those fucking plastic demon chairs and sat close to Billie's bed, just rubbing the singers' knuckles with his thumb.

Mike appeared not long after, sitting by Tré. "Fuckers going to jail," He answered Tré's question without Tré even asking it, something that often came with a long friendship. "They need the blood sample, otherwise he would just get done for assault. It's more serious if they have proof that Beej was drugged."

Tré nodded his head, picking up the damp cloth from the nightstand and gently wiping the sweat off of Billie's face, something the nurse had told him he should do.

It was the drug making Billie feel so shitty, and when that passed he'd be okay, they hoped. Unless a concussion decided to show itself.

Tré and Mike stayed in that little room with Billie for hours, Mike only leaving to bring them back coffee.

And when it got to night time, they settled down in the chairs and spent the night in there with him too.