Chapter 4

Weeks past and every day Iden grew bigger. One morning Ford entered the kitchen to find Fiddleford feeding Iden some mushed up baby food. Fidd was making weird noises and facial expressions. "Blar, paaa, paaa" Fidd was pronouncing his made up words with great effort.
"What are you doing?" Ford had a confused expression on his face.
"I'm stimulating the vocal part of his brain, so he will start to use vocalisations" Fidd said as he gave Iden another spoonful of baby food.
"But paaa isn't a word" Ford smirked.
"Fine, you teach him" Fidd said putting down the spoon. Ford walked over to Iden. "Hellooo, can you say dad, dad" Ford said in a high voice. Fidd smirked at his change of tone. Ford looked over at Fidd and smiled. "Can you say dad, dad?". Iden then opened his mouth, it looked like he was about to speak. He struggled to try and mouth out some words.
"D-d-d" Iden stammered the same letter. Fidd and Ford waited in suspense.
"D-d-d"
"That it say dad" Ford tried to encourage him.
"D-d-d-dad" Iden squeaked.
Fiddleford jumped with excitement and hugged Ford tightly.
"That's it ,dad" Ford repeated to try and get him to say it again
"D-dad" Iden squeaked.
Fidd looked at Ford with a massive grin.
"Iden can you say dad?" Fiddleford questioned out of excitement.
"Dad" Iden spoke clearer and more confident each time. Fidd couldn't contain his excitement and grabbed Fords head and passionately kissed him on the lips. "You brilliant man, you did it" Fidd exclaimed.
"I am brilliant. Aren't I ?" Ford smiled as he stood up. Fidd rolled his eyes.
"Well I will have to leave you. I need to do some work in my study. I should be back up soon" Ford leaned in and kissed Fidd on the cheek and patted Iden softly on the head, before leaving the room.