Chapter 6

Ford exited the elevator. He herd Fiddlefords laughter coming from the living room. Curiosity filled Fords mind. He crept around the corner of the door frame to find Fiddleford sitting on the floor with Iden on his knee. They were playing peekaboo. Ford smiled as he watched his lover play with their adopted son. He watched Fidd cover his face with his hands and then reveal his face whilst saying "peekaboo!". Fiddleford then chuckled as he watched Iden's facial expressions change from neutral to surprised. Ford stepped in the room
"having fun?" He teased.
"Oh, Jeez. You scared me" Fidd jolted.
"Sorry. Do you find it weird that he isn't laughing or crying?" Ford asked in a concerned tone.
"I am. That's why I'm trying to make him laugh but nothing. Maybe it's because he isn't human, he isn't preforming normal baby vocalisations" Fidd grabbed hold of Iden.
"maybe you should try, you got him to talk this morning. I bet you could get him to laugh" Fidd picked up Iden and handed him to Ford.
"Okay. umm. Hello there little fella" Ford stammered. "Play some peekaboo, he reacted the most to that game" Fidd encouraged.
Ford sat on the floor and put Iden on his knee. He covered his face with his hands and then quickly revealed his face whilst saying "peekaboo!". They both watched in suspense to find out his reaction.
Iden gazed, wide eyed up at Ford, then suddenly he began to giggled.
"How do you do it?" Fidd questioned in amazement.
"I'm just funnier than you" Ford chuckled to himself.
"Yeah funny looking!" Fidd exclaimed and burst out laughing.
"Yeah, yeah laugh it up. Maybe it's just imprinting. You know I was the first thing he saw, he must think I'm his mother" Ford looked down at the giggling pile of translucent flesh.
"I need to start dinner, you stay here with him, try and get him to say some other words" Fidd got up from the floor, kissed Ford on the cheek and kissed Iden on his chubby head.
"See you later" Fidd said as he exited the room. Ford turned to Iden.
"Can you say dad?" Ford encouraged.
"Dad" Iden squeaked.
"That's it, dad"