Chapter 8

That morning Fiddleford awoke and began to do his daily routine. First would  get up and tend to Iden. Then make breakfast for himself and ford. The rest of the day was up to Ford. If it be working on the portal or out hunting monsters.

Fidd climbed out of bed. He wandered over to the bedroom door and roamed down the corridor to Iden's room. He peered around the door frame. His jaw dropped in surprise. Iden was standing up, his little hands grasping hold of the cradles railings.
"STANFORD!" Fiddleford screamed as loud as he could, hoping that Ford would wake up and reach him as fast as possible. Footsteps could be Hurd thudding down the hall way.
"what is it? Are you okay?what happened?" Ford stuttered as he bounded toward Fidd.
"Shhh! Look" Fidd pointed toward the cradle. Ford looked around the corner. His eyes widened in surprise. His mouth opened and cracked a smile.
"I know. Isn't it amazing" Fidd had a huge smile on his face. Ford stepped into the room and Fidd followed behind him.
"Look at you!" Ford cheered. Iden's eyes were fixed on Ford. Fidd came over a scooped him up from the cradle. He held Iden in his arms and kissed his head.
"You're so clever" Fidd chuckled as Iden looked up at him.
"You can go back to bed now"
"What and miss time with you and Iden?" Ford chuckled as he drew in and hugged Fiddleford. A huge warm smile grew on Fidd's face as ford kissed his nose. 
"I love you Fidd"
"I love you too"