Chapter 7

As the days went by Iden grew. He was still only a baby. Fidd had to give up his bedroom for Iden but this meant Ford and Fidd could share a bedroom.

One night Ford and Fidd were peacefully slumbering back to back. Suddenly a small cry could be heard coming from down the hall. Fidd groaned as he awoke. "It's your turn" Fidd mumbled lazily. Ford was deep in his sleep and didn't respond.
"Ford" Fidd grumbled as he kicked Ford in the back of the leg.
"What?" Ford groaned still half asleep.
"It's your turn" Fidd moaned lazily.
"Fine" Ford rolled out of bed and walked down the hall to Iden's room.

Ford peeked into the bedroom to see Iden crying in his bed.
"Huh, what's it this time?" Ford huffed. He walked over to Iden's cradle. His teddy had fallen through the bars of cradle and onto the floor. Ford leaned down and picked up the small toy.
"There you go" Ford placed the teddy right next to Iden. He stopped his crying and moved toward the toy. He smiled as he watched him snuggle up to the soft teddy. Iden then drifted off to sleep once again. Ford rubbed his eyes and walked down the hall back to his bedroom.

Fidd was staring right back at ford. "That was quick" Fidd smiled.
"He just dropped his toy" Ford clambered back into bed.
"Thank you for taking this one"
"Anything for you Fidd" he said as he kissed Fidd on the nose. Fiddleford smiled back at him and they both fell asleep still wrapped in each others arms.