Chapter 11: Smooth, McCan

I ignored it at first. Nothing could possibly be more important than what I was doing right now. I slowly started pumping my fingers in and out of her body, curling my fingers slightly, making her cry out and moan. “Jason, holy crap. More, more.” I started to give her more, the ringtone I had set for Alex playing dully in the background.

Then I thought about it for a minute. Alex never called me unless it was an emergency. Never. I hated what I was about to do, but I slipped my fingers out of Julia’s warmth, reaching for my jeans. “Jason, just ignore it,” she said breathlessly, sitting up as I did. “It has to be something important,” I mumbled, digging my phone out of the pocket. “Or he wouldn’t be calling me.” “Seriously?” “I’m sorry.” I leaned back to her and gently kissed her lips.

She groaned and fell backwards onto my bed. “Aren’t girls the ones obsessed with their phones?” she grumbled, punching my pillow into a more comfortable shape as I hit Answer. I brushed my hand across her leg, giving her an innocent, apologetic smile. “What?” I asked dully into the phone.

“Hey, it’s me,” Alex’s voice wafted through the phone as Julia picked at her black nail polish. “Good for you. Why are you calling?” She rolled her eyes and mouthed at me to hang up; I shrugged and gestured towards the phone. My hands were tied.

“Brian wants you and Julia at the warehouse. Now. We’ve got some big news!” “Don’t tell me he popped the question,” I said, sounding bored, handing Julia back her skirt. She looked at me like I was crazy. She opened her mouth to yip at me, but I held up one finger and mouthed, ‘After.’ and reached for my pants.

“Better. We may have found ourselves a new team member.” “No.” My voice went sharp as Julia crawled off my bed and waltzed to my bathroom to fix her hair, which I had nicely tangled in the back. “No what?” “There’s no way we’re getting another person in on this. We’ve got enough people.” “Jase, Brian says she’s good. Don’t you trust his judgment, bro?” I knew he was referring to Julia, and that just sparked my temper.

“Yeah, a little. He got Jules. But remember the time some guy conned him into giving away his car? Or the time he blurted all of our plans to an undercover cop for head? Or the time-,”  “I get it, Jase. But now our side is going to have the con artist. Now we’re going to be the ones dishing it out, not taking it.” I laughed.

“Didn’t you say she? Girls are no good keeping secrets. Especially when they’re surrounded by other girls. They’ve done tests,” I finished sarcastically as Julia walked out of my bathroom. Alex sighed.

“Look, I’m not going to sit here and argue with you. Be at the warehouse in ten.” And then the douche hung up on me. “So girls can’t keep secrets, huh?” Julia said conversationally as she walked over and picked up her torn red shirt. “Look, I know you can, baby,” I said, reaching over to brush my hand across her leg. “I’m just not sure about other girls. They’re not as perfect and amazing as you are.” She laughed.

“Smooth, McCann,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Speaking of smooth, want to tell me why you decided to rip my shirt to pieces? I was under the impression you liked it.” She showed me the shirt, and the entire right side seams were completely torn from the material. Right side because I had torn with my left, me being the beast left handed person I am.

 “Sorry. It was the spur of the moment!” she rolled her eyes at me and crossed her arms over her chest. “Can I borrow one of your shirts, then? Because there is no way I am going out in public without a shirt on.” I grinned and hopped off my bed, rummaging through my drawer to find one of my smaller shirts so it wasn’t like a dress on her.

“Here you go, baby,” I said, tossing her a shirt. “Thanks.” I watched her pull it on, thinking about how nice she looked wearing my clothes. Aaaand insert perverted thoughts here  à